Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, October 06, 2007

WOW....another award! :-)


This post is a couple of days late in coming, but Karen passed this award on to me on Wednesday and I am just now getting around to passing it on. First of all, thank you for thinking of me Karen! I was surprised and totally humbled that you thought of me, no kidding. I enjoy your blog a lot too! As background, Karen and I have just recently connected in the blogging world in the last few weeks and if you haven't been to visit her, you need to go....NOW. (Well, maybe after you finish reading this post anyway....) She does some of the coolest things with her kids and shares great pictures. She has a fun blog. Definitely worth visiting again and again.

I know that I've said this before, but I feel like I post about such mundane things sometimes that it's hard to imagine that anyone is THAT encouraged, especially enough to warrrant an award (!!), but blogging is fun and I enjoy the friendships that have come from it, so I plan to keep plugging along. :-) I sincerely do appreciate the encouragement I get from those of you who read my blog and comment though and I want you to know that. There is a quote by William M Kinnairdthat I love:

"We are not placed on this earth to see through each other, but to see each other through."

Even though so many of us have not met, it's a great thing to be able to get insight and encouragement from so many places in the world. I have recently added the sitemeter thing to my blog and have found that there are literally people everywhere that take a peek whether they comment or not. THAT is amazing and humbling...first of all that they visit to begin with...but second of all that they come back for more! WOW! :-) Life holds a lot of things and gives us each a lot to deal with. One of the best things we can do is to help see each other through, no matter what the circumstances, just as the quote above states.

In passing this along, I really appreciate everyone who reads and comments, but I would have to say that my first thoughts go to Jean, Tonja, and Kat, in the blogging world because they really are thrilled when I post anything...and I DO mean anything! :-) Their comments make me grin, giggle and even laugh sometimes and they are not afraid to say that they care about whatever is going on. They are unabashed encouragers and I am grateful our lives have intersected through this venue. On a face to face, everyday personal level, I would have to say that this award needs to go to Leanne as well. I already knew her a little through church, but being involved in Women of Purpose this year has given me a fabulous opportunity to discover what a great person and friend she really is. We are forever finding that we feel the same way about things and that we have loads of stuff in common. It is great how God gives us who we really need in our lives, isn't it? One way we are different though....this is her comment to my last post, and it is SO true! HA! "Surprise, surprise! I took the little test and guess what, our result was exactly the same. Now the real question is, as we continue to discover our very similar characteristics, how can we be soooooooo different in the "fruffy" department??? Is there a neat quiz for that one?" I am definitely not 'fruffy'! That made me laugh out loud.....SO true! :-) If there is a quiz for that, let me know....I'd be interested.

So, my hat is off to each of you ladies. For your friendship and your encouragement, thank you.

'You lift me up,' and I am grateful.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations Dianne! It's fun getting awards, isn't it?

Have you been watching Dancing with the Stars? Donny was there Monday night watching his sister! Sigh!

Jill said...

Congratulations, Diane. Very well deserved.

Jean said...

You do lift me up, Dianne, and I'm glad if I have any part in doing likewise for you. I just hope someday it will work out for us to meet - if not here, for sure "over there"!

Justabeachkat said...

Congratulations! You lift me up in so many ways and I'm thankful for your friendship. I sure hope we get to meet "face to face" in November.

Hugs!
Kat