Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My latest purchase.


I finally did it...I broke down and bought an ipod today! I have been wanting one for months and have even been holding money I got for my birthday back in FEBRUARY (Hello! What's up with that???), but still couldn't make myself spend that much on it, even if it is 'free' money. As it turns out, I was short on cash a few weeks ago, so I had to use some of it....since it was just sittin' there, you know....and I didn't want that to happen to the rest of it, PLUS I really have been wanting an ipod for that long! I just decided today at work that the world was going to quit spinning if I didn't make this purchase today, so off I went to Best Buy. Of course, I got home tonight and forgot all about getting it charged up, so there it sits still in the box and it's almost time for bed! Life's funny like that, isn't it? Can't live without something one minute and forget all about it the next. It will be fun though, I have no doubt.

Now we'll just see if I can figure out how to get it all loaded up with music...hope it's not too hard to do! If you have any advice, suggestions or pointers, I'm ALL ears....

9 comments:

Being Transformed said...

Absolutely no help from the gal who can hardly download a video for her blog. My girls are experts though, they could do it for you or show you this weekend. LF

Jill said...

Hooray! You'll really enjoy it...money well spent.

Justabeachkat said...

I LOVE mine. I use it all the time...even earlier tonight. Give me a call if I can help. Can't wait to hear what you think about it once you've had time to enjoy it.

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

Good for you!! I'm still waiting for mine!

I had to laugh when you said that now you have to wait for it to charge up. It reminded me of when I was at Lisa's this summer. Two years ago they bought a lot of hurricane preparedness items, but have never needed to use them since. While we were there in August a hard thunder storm caused the electricity to go off for a few hours. As it got darker they decided to give their emergency lights a try for the first time. Guess what? They needed to be charged up first!! Couldn't do that without electricity! So now they'll know to make sure they have those things charged up if a hurricane heads their way!

Tonja said...

Good for you! You'll enjoy it, I'm sure! But, I'm no help fixing it up, I just give it to my boys and they do that stuff. ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is FINALLY...you have been talking about it a looong time ..I remember when Madison got hers you were talking it over in your mind then...that was 2 years this Christmas ...
you will love it ..knowing you and your music... and hey...i bet "your friend Gina" (lol)
her son can surely help...
LY and miss ya debra

Unknown said...

Good for you! You will love it. My kids gave me one last Christmas and once you hook it up to your computer, it pretty much walks you through it. I just downloaded the cd's I already have but I did buy a couple from itunes. If you need any help let me know, I'm not the most techie person in the world but I'll try.

Profbaugh said...

Congrats!! I finally go one for my birthday in June. And can I just tell you I LOVE IT!! How I lived without it before, I'll never know.

Did you get a nano? Or a regular one. I have a the video one (30 I think).

Oh my. . just think of the praise music you can listen to now, all in this tiny little box.n Yup, you can get your praise on big time.

Welcome to the 21st century.

~Cheryl

Jess said...

Oh, my gosh! I got one for my b-day back in May from my dad and I love it!! I never realized how great it would be. I never would've known how to get going without my sister, but I'm sure you've figured yours out by now. :)
My most played on mine these days is Nicole C Mullen after having seen her at Women of Faith. She's amazing... her song "One Touch" makes me weep every time!! So good.
Enjoy your new toy! :)