Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, October 04, 2007

An Oldie but Goodie

With yesterday's ipod purchase (which I can already tell I am going to LOVE!), looking through the iTunes store tonight and thinking through all the CD's that I have, I particularly want to include songs that have meant something to me over time for one reason or another. I realize that sometimes it's been a short list and sometimes it's been a long list, but this song is on EVERY list: Carry On by Sandi Patty. It really ministered to me several years ago when it first came out and with all the challenges and ups and downs that life continues to hold on so many levels, it is just as powerful now as it was then.



I'd be interested to know some of your favorite songs so I can check them out too...I may need to include them as well! :-)

7 comments:

Jean said...

These two songs go waaay back, but they still minister to me big time when I hear them: Praise the Lord and Be Still My Soul by the Imperials. I checked and Itunes does have them.

Unknown said...

Hi Dianne,
I just recently downloaded Walking her Home by Mark Schulz from his Broken and Beautiful CD. Oh my goodness, that song makes me choke up whenever I hear it, it is so good. I am also all over the place with other music, Josh Groban, Ill Divo and my family teases me because I like Abba. Oh well...

Jill said...

That gives me goosebumps every time I hear it... and I've never seen her sing it in person. A great choice for any iPod!

Justabeachkat said...

Just beautiful! Glad you're liking your iPod.

Hugs!
Kat

Unknown said...

Dianne,
Just got your comment and I'm so sorry. I didn't put that together when I made my comment about Walking her Home. But it is a song of hope also, but it does make you choke up.

Jess said...

Oh, yeah!
Another great one I discovered -that's not known unless you have the cd is Nichole Nordeman's song "Gratitude". Check it out!

~jess

Amy said...

Have you heard of 4Him? They are my all time favorite group! Anything and everything they sing makes me think and praise God for His many blessings! Enjoy your new toy!