Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, October 14, 2007

WAY out of my comfort zone!


Well, let's suffice it to say that I stretched W-A-Y out of my comfort zone tonight! Back in July, our Minister of Music called me one afternoon and said that he was wanting to put together a Sunday night Praise Team and wanted to know if I would be a part of it. After a bit of talking and finding out what he had in mind, I told him I would and he said we'd start practice in September....enough time to finish out any summer plans and get us past Labor Day. So about nine of us (give or take since we've not all been together to practice until tonight) have been practicing each Sunday afternoon before church and tonight was our first time out....UGH! It was really different in my mind when it was a couple of months away (!!), but all in all, although it was a rather large stretch, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and surprisingly enough, my hands weren't even shaky! :-) We did a hymn and a fellowship chorus tonight, but next week, we are supposed to sing one of the songs we've learned....I just hope that goes as smoothly as tonight did! You might mention that for me in your prayers!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am all about NOT being out front. I function better as and 'indian' and not a 'chief,' but since my sister first mentioned moving and I knew she was serious about it, my prayer has been, besides the fact that if it wasn't right for Kate and Grace that it wouldn't work out, that God would bring things into my life to fill the time that will be there once they have moved. He's begun filling these requests in ways I never could have imagined and through people He's brought into my life. He's given me a great opportunity to be involved in Women of Purpose at church and to build some great friendships there, He's gotten me involved in this praise team stuff and I am sure there are other things that will come along with time if I am just open to them.

So I went out of my comfort zone today....and lived to tell about it! :-)

Just thought I'd let you know! :-)

6 comments:

Jean said...

That's AWESOME, Dianne!! So what song have you been practicing for next Sunday?

That's the coolest thing how God is answering your prayer.

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you are doing just what God wants you to do. You go girl!

Justabeachkat said...

Well, You Go Girl! How brave! I, like you, don't like being up front. I have to be pushed. I'm proud of you.

Our God is so awesome!

Hugs!
Kat

Knit-Wit said...

Good for you! God will do amazing things when we step out of our comfort zones and trust in him.

Being Transformed said...

Dianne,

I am sooooooooooooooooooo glad that God has moved you out of your comfort zone and into His zone. That's where you want to be anyway. A vessel fit for use! Right! Next time you sing, I want to be there. Women of Purpose is blessed to have you a part of the ministry. God Bless! Leanne

Ally said...

Good for you Dianne. I am glad that inspite of your initial misgivings it went really well. God is good all the time... He will help you through this transition and it´s exciting to see him open all these doors! Congratulations!