Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Friday, October 26, 2007

Oops!

I want to apologize for the ending of my last post. I didn't really mean that I haven't enjoyed blogging every day, just that it's been such a change from the 5 or 8 or so times a month that I've been used to that it has been a stretch. My problem is that I have unrealistic expectations of myself. I feel like every post needs to be something fabulous....something enriching....something that makes time spent here worthwhile....and that's a hard thing to live up to! Thanks for being so sweet about it though....I didn't mean I haven't enjoyed it, it's just been different. Actually, at 12 days away, I had intended to come up with a '12 days left of blogging,' thing sorta like the '12 days of Christmas,' but that never materialized. It was a cute idea though!

I woke up this morning knowing that I needed to go to the doctor before I was stuck over the weekend unable to get in touch with anyone, so I called and made an appointment for 1:15 today. After waiting 2 hours for them to take me back, she said I have an upper respiratory infection and gave me a nasal spray and some cough syrup with codine and said if I wasn't feeling much better by Monday, to give her a call and she'd see about putting me on an antibiotic. Hopefully this will take care of it. My boss changed our insurance company last year and I was reassigned to this new doctor because they went by home addresses and she's about a minute and a half from my house. I'm not really happy with her though because I've been about 4 times (because of other prescriptions: blood pressure, thyroid and cholesterol) and have never gotten out of there in less that about 2.5 hours...and I have had an appointment every time! I can understand running late every once in a while, but that is ridiculous! I think I am going to call Blue Cross Blue Shield tomorrow and see if I can't get reassigned somewhere else. For now though, I am glad to have drugs and am glad today is over!

I went for a little while to Grace's 'Trunk & Treat' thing at her school, all ready to get a picture of her to post here....and can you believe that little stinker would not wear her adorable costume??? She said she was embarassed and too many people knew her! (Of course, she is right about everyone knowing her....I can walk down the hall with her at school and everyone's like, "Hey Grace...," "Grace...hey!," Even parents of kids know who she is...it's CRAZY!) She assured me though that she would wear it at Kate's school on Monday night, so for now, that's the plan and I'll post a picture then. If she doesn't do it then, I'll tell you what it is....no sense in letting a good costume idea go to waste!

That's about all from here for now. I'm off to either watch "Days of Our Lives" that I've recorded this week or a movie titled, "Guess Who" that Jean recommended when I joined Netflix a few months ago.

Hope you've had a great day!

5 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...having to wait 2 hours when you have an appointment is NUTS! And aggravating! And infuriating! Oh, don't get me started.

Just glad you have some meds and I hope they work so you don't have to take anything else.

Have a wonderful restful weekend.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

There's no excuse for a GP or an internist to make you wait 2 hours. Did they not give you any explanation? I'd definitely contact BC/BS about it. Let them know how long you have had to wait each time. Insurance companies have a way of dealing with doctors like that - dropping them from the plan. Then insist on a new doctor. Good luck. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Can't wait to see pictures of the girls. What's a Trunk & Treat?

Jean said...

I agree that a two-hour wait is unacceptable. I hope you're soon feeling all better. And I do look forward to the pictures too. So what did you watch? The reason Guess Who is so funny to us is because our son Anthony is married to a girl of Jamaican descent, and there are funny stories about when her family met Anthony.

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. There's nothing worse than feeling like a number when you go to the doctors office. When I'm sick I just want someone to care because for some reason when I get sick I get really weepy.

Jill said...

You've been doing a great job blogging every sinlge day. I don't think I could do it. Way to go! Glad to hear you got some Rx...though the long wait would make me mad, too. I was looking forward to a photo of Grace! Hope your weekend is good.