Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Concord Jubilee

Not much to report for today, but a fun day nonetheless. My friend Gina's husband is from Concord (a small town south of where I live) and they have the 'Concord Jubilee' down there during the third weekend in October every year. It's one of those small town fall craft fairs with lots of booths, lots of good food, and lots of nice people. I went with them for several years, then didn't go for several years just because it seemed like I was always busy during this weekend. Last year she mentioned they were going, so since she's one of those friends that I can just invite myself along to go with and no one minds, I did! It was a lot of fun, kinda like 'old times' or something; I kept pushing and asking if they were going back this year, so we did. Granted I could go by myself, but it's always more fun to go with someone else, plus I just love her in-laws and it's always nice to see them.

Tomorrow is a Pampered Chef party at my sister's at 2:00, so I'll miss out on my dearly loved Sunday afternoon nap since I'll have to be back at church at 5:00. It seems like the weekends just fly by!

I wish we could come up with a way to have a five day weekend and a two day work week, you know? :-)

4 comments:

Jean said...

I LIKE that idea!! I always say I wish I could figure out a way to make money without working. Ha, ha! It feels like that's what I get to do over summer, but that's because I choose to have my salary stretched into 26 pay periods instead of 20.

Oh, and I love Pampered Chef stuff.

Being Transformed said...

Glad to hear you have had a good day, mine was spent in the yard until 7:00, and everything hurts. Missing naptime is what I have done for the past 9 weeks and tomorrow will be no exception. See you in the morning. LF

Justabeachkat said...

I like your way of thinking...2 days of work and 5 days for play...perfect!

Hugs!
Kat

Knit-Wit said...

Love Pampered Chef! I'm waiting for a nice big order I made just recently. It'll be like Christmas when it gets in. :-)