Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What's YOUR story??


Well, sweet Kat gave me this award today and I must say I am grateful and feel exactly the same way. I don't really know how or when it happened, but somehow along this road of blogging, we've developed a friendship that has a real heart to it and is a sweet addition to any day. I would list the same people she did to pass it on to and am just thankful that she thought of me to begin with! This award is "Presented to awesome BLOG owners who keep their readers excited about their posts. Their blog posts are interesting (NOT spammy) and worth reading and keep their subscribers looking forward to each and every post." Funny thing is that I don't know what keeps anyone coming back except commeraderie, friendship and care, but really, those things are hard to find in todays world sometimes, so I am grateful to know they are there! Thanks Kat, it means a lot, and to you other 'B Club charter members,' thanks for all YOU to do enrich my life. Although Kat did it too, I pass this on to you as well.

On another note, I slept great last night and woke up some better this morning. Except for a nagging cough, I was fine for most of the day until I was at children's choir tonight and felt the achiness coming back, so I quickly took some asprin and it went away for now! Lucky for me because we are working on Christmas music in adult choir and I needed to be there for that. Hard to believe that program is only a little over a month away! UGH! Lots to learn before then!

Okay, now.....the BFF Award got me to thinking about the blogging world in general....about how it all just evolves into these great relationships and it got me to thinking about how I started blogging. My friend Tracey started her blog back last summer and sent me a link to it. Next thing you know, we were chatting about me starting one myself....lots of people here were blogging at the time and it was just a fun way to keep up with everyone...with their lives and their humor (and you have to admit Tracey, there were some funny posts in the early days!)....so I fretted over a name and Tracey and I bounced around blog names for me for about a week or two and finally came up with 'Glasses of Grace.' Since then, it's all been history, but I have LOVED the new relationships, the new insight, and the new world that this has been. It's been a fun outlet and I've really loved every minute of it, so thanks to you, Tracey, for getting me started.

So now, that's my story.....how did YOU get into blogging??

6 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I cherish your friendship sweet friend and I'm so thankful to blogging.

I began blogging after my son and his wife started theirs and I began to read them and thought it would be a good way to journal my days. I never dreamed anyone would read mine or that I would end of making so many wonderful friendships.

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

Ha, ha! We're really on the same track tonight. I just finished mine and came over to yours. I just told how I got started blogging!

By the way, I got the package. I'm not finished reading it yet, but WOW!!!!! I am in awe.

Cheryl said...

I am still new to blogging but I am loving it. My friend here, Lisa, at the preachers wife, has one and I started from there. You were the first comment on my new blog and I was just so excited. My daughter seen me just staring at your comment and was saying something like "Mom, are you O.K?" I just kept on reading it over and over! HA HA HA! I was just so amazed that someone would comment me. I will always remember that. Thanks for your welcome to the blog world. God Bless!

Tonja said...

I am such a computer illiterate, that when I finally learned to turn it on and search for things, I stumbled onto blogs. I thought it would be a good way for me to document family news and life in general. I never dreamed it would lead to friendships. What an added blessing! No one I know IRL has a blog. Only you girls IBW
(that's in Bloggy World)!

Anonymous said...

I had been posting for years on a WW site - Booklovers. Two of the girls there had started blogging about books - Joy at Thoughts of Joy and SuziQ at Blogging my Books. So I thought I'd give it a try too. I decided not to focus just on books though. And I've met so many great people through blogging. I feel bad if I don't check in with everyone at least once a day.

Tracey said...

Dianne,

That is so sweet! I remember that like it was yesterday! We've had alot of "firsts" together, haven't we??? Like the first time we sang together (Tanya forcing me, me forcing you...) ahhh, such good times! ha ha!

I guess Gary started a blog first and kept trying to get me to start one and I was like, "who has time for that? and what will I ever say???" Then when the FBCJ group of friends decided to do it, it was a fun way to keep in touch with what each other was doing (I know that is so not correct English!)... guess we're the only ones still blogging...but what a great group of people we've met, huh?!

Hope to see you next month!

Love ya!
Tracey