Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, October 13, 2007

More awards....WOW!

How sweet was it of Lynne to leave a comment this morning and tell me I had an award at her blog to pick up? Needless to say, like we all do when we know we have an award waiting, I rushed right over to see what it was. This one is sweet because although I KNOW I fall short sooooo many times, it is given to bloggers "who live what they preach, who try to make the changes in their own lives that they would like to see in the world." I left Lynne a comment and told her that one of my favorite quotes is indeed, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." I even have a rubber stamp with that quote on it in my stamp collection! All I try to do is be a good friend, a good sister, and a wonderful aunt and to be courteous, thoughtful and fair to everyone who crosses my path. Like I said, I know I fall short, but this my goal every day. Thank you Lynne for thinking of me and passing it my way. I am passing this one on to Karen, Amy, and Jill. I've enjoyed getting to know them through their blogs and can tell that they are awesome in their own sphere of influence. Thanks girls for making a difference!

This award made me giggle. I went to check out Amy's blog and found that she'd given me this one. I had to laugh because hers is such a FUN blog! I've probably posted about this before, but Amy and I share a love for Donny Osmond that evidently can't be topped! :-) I knew we were destined to be buddies from the day I happened upon her blog and she mentioned Donny in her sidebar. Kindred spirits, no doubt! Since then, have identified with her about several things she has shared and her blog is just a fun place. If you haven't been there yet, you need to check her out. I can see why you got this award Amy, you ARE totally fabulous! :-) If you hadn't passed it on to me, I would have passed it on to you! I'm passing this one on to Deedra, Jess, Lynne, Joan, and Tracey. The award title speaks for itself....so pass it on, girls!

11 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Congratulations on both awards!!!!!

Hugs!
Kat

A Captured Reflection said...

Oh I typed out a comment and lost it (doh!). It said how glad I was that you got these awards as you so deserve them, and to say a big thank you for blessing me with that award in return - it encourages me to keep pressing in. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

Dianne - Thank you for the fabulous award. I know I'm not fabulous, but I sure put on a good show!

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Dianne- It was so nice to have you as a new visitor to my blog, Faith Fuel. Then when I came here to "meet" you, I loved discovering the southern belle of grace that you are. I have two nieces in their early twenties that I love dearly- and realize now how much God planned for our lives to be intertwined. Your nieces are SOO blessed to have a loving Aunt like you! I pray your cup will always run over- because you have refreshed so many other lives (I can tell!)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on to me. I'm babysitting right now but will put it on my blog tomorrow. Thanks, you are fabulous! Donny Osmond huh? What about Bobby Sherman? LOL You might be too young to remember him though.

Paula said...

Congratulations on your awards!

Deedra said...

Thanks for the Fabulous Award! I have been feeling so very far from fabulous lately so I really appreciate it! You, my friend, are truly one Fabulous lady! Have a wonderful weekend!

Melanie Rimmer said...

Congratulations on being awarded the Change Begins at Home award. I try to track where it goes and it has led me to many great blogs and bloggers I had never visited before, who are all trying to be the change they want to see.

Jill said...

Thank you so very much, Dianne. It means a great deal coming from you. You've become a cherished blogging friend.

Amy said...

Dianne, thank you for this award. You made me blush today. I really love that quote. I have not heard that one before. I, too, fall short and make many mistakes daily. And I am trying to learn by those mistakes. Some days are easier than others! My pride can get in the way. Shame on me. But our God is faithful and forgiving.

Have you seen Donny on Entertainment Tonight? I don't normally watch those shows, but I knew he was going to be on there so I HAD too! Sigh! Boy does he still look good ;o)

Anonymous said...

Tonight my oldest daughter(16) and I were watching Dancing with the Stars and she commented that she thought Marie Osmond was an actress. I had to clue her in on who she really was. "I'm a little bit country and I'm a little bit rock n' roll. Boy, do I feel old! She had no idea what I was talking about.

LJ