Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Still under the weather

Man. It's been a long time since I've felt as bad as I have these last few days. I won't go into all the details here because it's boring if you aren't living it, but I know I mentioned that I went to the doctor last Friday and got two prescriptions. She told me then that if I wasn't much better by Monday to call her and they'd call in an antibiotic. Well, I think it was Sunday, the swollen sinus stuff started and hurt so much that I could hardly sleep Sunday night. I called the doctor on Monday about 9:15 and told them about the anitbiotic the doctor had promised. They normally don't call their prescriptions in until the end of the day, but they promised me more than once (because I called several times when nothing was getting done!), that they would get it called in before 5:00. Making a long story short, they never did call anything in, even after 5:00 and I had to go through another night without any antibiotic. I just sat here and cried when I realized what had happened because I just felt SOOOOOO bad, I was frustrated and there was nothing I could do about it. I called the 'on call' doctor and wouldn't you know, it is the same doctor I see! I left a message explaining what happened in my dealing with her office earlier in the day. She called me back through her answering service, a recorded message, stating that they didn't have the phone number for the pharmacy I use. Well, they certainly did because it's in my file there AND I had given it to two people in her office yesterday. So I called the 'on call' line back and left another message telling her this. She called me back and I told her that I wanted to come by and pick up that prescription this morning instead of waiting for it to be called in. She said that would be fine, so I had myself there first thing this morning. They actually did call it in and I have spent the day here at home sleeping, laying around and not doing much more. I just pray that this is all over soon. As soon as it is, I'm changing doctors....I just need to be sure all this is covered first!

Hope all is well with you!

11 comments:

Tonja said...

How dare they? I think some of the most incompetent help in the world is in doctor's offices. I know that at some of offices, they have phone nurses whose only job is to answer phones and call in prescriptions. Not as if they have to see patients, too. I'm sorry you've had such a bad time and I hope you feel better soon.

Amy said...

Oh Sweet Girl, I feel your pain! Whatever this is leaves you feeling like you want to crawl up in a ball and hibernate for a month. I will be praying for you and praying that the antibiotics take hold quickly.

Rest as much as you can!

Being Transformed said...

Sorry you are still sick. This is the pits and we have too much to do to be ill. Get Well soon! Leanne

Jean said...

I am so sorry that you are so sick. I'm praying for you right now that the antibiotic and the touch of the Lord will soon get rid of those germs and you'll be feeling all better.

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...you'd think those people you spoke to would have been sick themselves at one time and would show a little caring. Unbelievable! Hope you're feeling better soon.

I have a touch of it myself I think so I'm taking some Nyquil and going to bed.

Hugs!
Kat

A Captured Reflection said...

Grrrr with the Drs. Just not when you need when you are not well! Get well soon Dianne.

Amy said...

Just checking in this morning to see how you weathered the night. Still praying for you and hoping you have some relief soon! Sending a big hug and a box of tissues!

melissa said...

So sorry to hear this, Dianne - Feel better well soon!

Melissa

Jill said...

Gosh. I am sorry you are suffering so. Sounds like you have a really bad sinus infection. Hubby and I have both been under the weather with colds/sinus stuff since Saturday night. I'm praying my little guy doesn't get it, too. Take care and REST!

Unknown said...

Oh, I hope you're doing better today. It's no fun when you are hardly ever sick. Take care.

Lyndy said...

How frustrating. I hope you are feeling better now.