Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Girl Talk

My offering today is to point you to my friend Leanne's blog....I was hoping she would do this and she did! She posted about a Women's Ministry event we had at church last night....'Girl Talk.' It was a fabulous success, very well attended and very informative. I was sitting there thinking how much wisdom is out there from others if we will just take the time to ask. It was dinner and a question and answer time with a panel of women within our church from all walks of life. We gave out index cards as women arrived and told them to write down any questions they had for the panel, so once they were taken up, no one knew who had asked what and that worked fabulous. There was a wide range of questions...from marriage, child-rearing, singleness, dating, church involvement as a new member, etc...all areas of life. I was more than blessed.

Now, go read about it on Leanne's blog and let her know your thoughts to her question at the end. I'll be checking there to find out your answers.....maybe we can get our own forum going! Wouldn't that be great?

4 comments:

Jean said...

To be honest, I have never wrestled much with "female" issues. I have been blessed to have a dad who cherished me, a husband who does likewise, and pastors and school principals who were "man" enough to not feel threatened by my gifts and strengths.

That is not to say that I don't wrestle with anything. I have BIG questions that I often wish I could talk face to face with the Lord about.

Justabeachkat said...

It sounds like a wonderful time. I'll head over to Leanne's now.

Hugs!
Kat

Tracey said...

headed there now to check it out...

Can I just tell you how impressed I am that you are posting every day?!

Unknown said...

You are doing a great job of posting everyday! I will check out your friends site also. Take care!