Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Short and sweet

Tonight's post is short and sweet. My Sunday school class went to serve dinner at the homeless shelter. We do it twice a year and it is always a humbling experience.

After that, we all went to dinner and I just got home.

When Gina and I were at the Concord Jubilee over the weekend, on the way down, she said she wasn't feeling so great. She was better during the day, but that night, Sunday and Monday, she said she was achy, etc. Luckily no one else in her family has gotten it yet. She went to the doctor today and they gave her a shot....but guess who's had a lingering headache for two days and started feeling achy with chills tonight herself....UGH! I knew I had a headache while we were at the shelter tonight, but when I went to get in my car and sat down, I was like....'oh man!'

So I am off to take something, get a bath and get in bed early. I really RARELY get sick, so hopefully it's a passing thing.....

...and I have to be better tomorrow....I have an appointment to get my hair cut and that is like my birthday! I LOVE my friend that cuts my hair and I LOVE getting it cut!

11 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Gosh Dianne, sorry to hear you have a headache too. I've had one almost every day now for the last 5 days. Mine might be caused by tension since it's in my back too. I plan to call for a massage tomorrow to see if that will help. Take care of yourself. Hope you feel much better tomorrow.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better Dianne. Did you get a flu shot? I haven't heard of any flu cases around here yet, but you never know. Have fun getting your hair cut.

Tonja said...

Sometimes getting your hair fixed is medicine unto itself! Hope you feel well enough to go. If not, just take good care of your self for a few days.

Got the pkg! Awesome!

Tonja

Anonymous said...

I hope you wake up feeling refreshed and healthy.

Knit-Wit said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon!

melissa said...

Hope you are feeling better soon, Diane. Take care.

Melissa

Justabeachkat said...

Stop by for yet another award!!!

Hugs!
Kat

Jill said...

Sorry to hear about the little bug. I hope you don't come down with something. Haircuts cannot be interrupted!

Unknown said...

Hope you are feling better today! Headaches can affect everything you do--no fun. Take care.

Tracey said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I've been having lots of headaches lately too. Very strange that Kat's been having them frequently too...and now you are feeling bad. Must be something in the air right now!

Love ya!
Tracey

Being Transformed said...

The hair cut is adorable, hope you are feeling better. And I pray that everyone gets as excited as you did about the devotional. Julia is going over her copy, I know the finished product will be great.

Leanne