Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Memory Lane

I have been camped out on Memory Lane all day today.....Kate turned 13 today and I can hardly believe how quickly time as flown. Seems like just yesterday my sister called and asked if I could take her to the doctor because she wasn't feeling so great...John had already gone to work for the day. So I called in to my work and told them I'd be late, then took Patty to the doctor. While we were there, her water broke and we dashed over to the hospital and had this sweet little bundle of joy arrive several hours later. There is no way I could have known then how much I would love being an aunt, but God knew just how much I needed this sweet little thing in my life. She's been a blessing since day one and I'm thrilled that God chose me to be her aunt. Below are a few pictures from my stroll down Memory Lane.....

At the hospital, me and my new niece, affectionately called 'Sweet Girl'







One proud aunt a few weeks later at home

Kate...August 1999




Kate and her boa in all her glory....probably 5 or 6 years old














Wild hair, but what a sweet smile!


And now.....13 years later.....

she's still one sweet girl, and I'm still one proud aunt! :-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's is very blessed to have an aunt as sweet and loving as you. It's obvious from the pics, she adores you.

Jean said...

Oh, Dianne, what a heart-warming post! I LOVE all the pictures. She really is a blessed child to have not only parents that love her, but an aunt that adores her.

Tonja said...

Oh, what sweet memories. I loved the pics. I echo Jean, she IS lucky to have you for her aunt.

Jess said...

Very sweet tribute to your lovely niece. Makes me kinda sad to think that before I know it, mine will be 13! Time flies. But, it is great being an aunty.

Amy said...

Oh she was a beautiful baby! I honestly think she looks like you. She makes a gorgeous teenager too...boys better stay away!

I am blessed with well over 30 nieces and nephews that are all very special to me. I praise the Lord we have such a close family that gets along wonderfully. Hmmm, could it be because we are all christians?!

Have a great weekend and a Very Happy 13th Birthday Sweet Girl!

Justabeachkat said...

Happy 13th Birthday to Kate! Wonderful photos! Don't you just love Memory Lane, especially wonderful memories like the ones you posted about.

Hugs!
Kat

Unknown said...

Great pictures! You can see how much you two care for each other! Take care!

Being Transformed said...

What a beautiful memory. You remind me of the way my sister became the doting aunt when my girls were born. Hope the birthday memories and the celebration were great! LF

Ally said...

Lovely pics... It´s nice to se such an involved aunty!!

Ally said...

Thanks for your message on my blog... so glad you came... don´t worry about the time span... I am just so glad that you came anyway!!! Thanks for letting me know about your link not working... I fixed it...I hope you don´t mind that I added you to my list of blogs....

Jill said...

Gosh - I had lots of reading and catching up to do with you! What sweet photos and memories of Kate. She's becoming a beautiful young woman. You have ever right to be a very proud Aunt.