Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Praying God's Will

Praying God’s will
Is easy enough
When it involves simple goals
And everyday stuff

Like a good grade at school
Or a raise at work
Even sometimes for others
Who may act like a jerk!

But when it comes to a life,
The rubber meets the road.
We always want healing
As the end to a load.

But God’s ways aren’t ours,
So do we pray for what’s best
Or continue selfish prayers
That put God to the test?

I know the answer
But the older I get
The more real it becomes
And the more I fret.

It’s hard to let go
And accept God’s plan
But that’s why He’s God
And we’re only man!

His plan will prevail,
We continue the race
Trusting God as our source
As we rest in His grace.

This is a re-post from a while back, a poem I wrote in about 5 minutes, but I just needed to post it again as a reminder to myself as much as anything.

5 comments:

Jean said...

Wow, that is good. I need to print that out and keep it in my Bible.

Tracey said...

Dianne,

I swear you can write the best poems in like 15 seconds!!! You should consider publishing.

This is awesome and a reminder we all could use every day.

Love and miss ya!
Tracey

Justabeachkat said...

Love it! You go girl!

Hugs!
Kat

Jess said...

Dianne~ You have no idea of how much I needed those very words for what I've been going through. And the fact that wrote them yourself makes them all that much sweeter. Thank you. You are such a blessing to so many.

Jean said...

Okay, somehow I missed the fact that you WROTE this!!! Dianne! That is absolutely amazing. I didn't know you were a poet! Now, instead I will ASK, may I print this out and keep it in my Bible? I'll put your name on it, so in case I die and they look through my Bible, they won't think I wrote it, ha, ha!!!