Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Another powerful post (but not from me!)

Well, my friend Leanne has another powerful post written yesterday that I just read today....both thought-provoking and informative. She brings up a subject that Kat posted about a few days ago and one that has been on my mind a lot these last several days since I watched a video I got from Kat as well. The subject is inflammatory breast cancer. (Here's the link for that the video: http://www.komotv.com/ibc . Definitely worth watching.)

The funny thing is that I had gotten this video from another friend, but hadn't taken the time to watch it yet, so when I got it again over the weekend, I knew it was time to stop and take a look. Well, yesterday morning Judy, the girl I work under, mentioned that she had this 'bug bite' that just appeared. (When you've been working together for 22 years, you tend to talk about most everything!) With my radar up from this report, we found this video online, so I sent her the link. It took her a while to watch it, but after she did, she came in my office all pale-faced and said, 'They said 'bug-bite' about 3 times!' She's always been of the attitude that if you go to the doctor like you should, they (or mammograms or x-rays) will catch anything that's wrong and you can just get it handled. I love her to death, but she's a bit black and white in her thinking at times. I was glad to give her something that showed things aren't always the way she thinks because I try to tell her that there are gray areas sometimes....things just don't always go according to plan. I am sure what she has really is a bug-bite, but this has definitely been food for thought for her and for me. She and her husband left today around noon for Florida until next Monday, but the last thing she said before she left was that she's going to see what happens and if she thinks she needs to go to the doctor when she gets back, she will! She also said that if she hadn't just casually mentioned that and I had not told her about this video, she would still have no idea that anything like inflammatory breast cancer was out there. Word of mouth can be a great thing!

All this brings me to Leanne's post. As much as this discussion has been going on in our office, literally every couple of hours since yesterday morning, you could have knocked me over with a feather this morning to read her blog and about her mom's battle with this same thing. I printed it out and took it to show to Judy because I just couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe it either. It is just amazing how God can take one topic and drive it home again and again and again. It's been on my mind a lot, so I just wanted to point you to Leanne's blog again and to say thanks to her for sharing her story and for her transparency. She's new to this blogging world, but I can already tell she's going to have a lot to share with us....and hopefully we'll have lots to share with her over time as well.

4 comments:

Being Transformed said...

Dianne, You are not going to believe this, but it is the truth. I was just updating my blog and decided to put my mothers name, birthdate and date of death as a memorial. I then had the thought, or the Holy Spirit gave it to me, that I would check out a blog I read last night that gave a warning about Inflamatory Breast Cancer. Because I could not remember where it was to copy to my blog, I just went to your blog which I read earlier in that day and you had posted this one. Not only am I humbled, I am even more amazed at how God works in unbelievable ways. Thank you for making the connection for me, personally, and especially for all of the wonderful ladies who read Glasses of Grace. You are a treasure and a blessing, my friend. I will be praying for your co-worker and let me know if I can provide any information. Leanne

Justabeachkat said...

Dianne

I went to Leanne's blog. You're so right. She's written a very honest and touching post about a very terrible disease.

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

Hi Dianne, I did go over to Leanne's blog and you were right. Great post. I'm afraid I ended up writing a comment that was long enough to be a blog post itself. I just can't help myself when I get going.

So did you find out yet when Kate's birthday party is yet?

Jean said...

Did I say "yet" enough times in that last sentence yet??!!