Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Friday, August 03, 2007

More anniversary fun.

At the risk of making anyone hungry again, Melanie sent me a photo of the caricature they presented her with on Monday (at her 20th CFA anniversary) in addition to a nice watch....and trust me, I mean a NICE watch! This caricature is so cool because it's filled with all the things that are most important to her and that she is involved in. The two guys are her boys who are in college now. Hopefully you'll be able to click on it and make it bigger so you can look at all the detail. (Did I mention that she got a NICE watch too???)

How many employers do things like this anymore? Not mine! :-) Of course, I did get an extra week of vacation at my 20 year mark, so that's nothing to sneeze at either, I guess!

I LOVE this company, this family and their principles, so here's what I'm sayin'....

"Eat Mor Chikin'"

5 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...what an awesome caricature!

I guess you know our family loves Chick Filet!

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

I love it!! But they forgot her watch. I guess she didn't have it yet when they drew this.

I don't think we have Chick Filet up here. I'll have to check. I think they featured the owner of the company in one of my Christian magazines one time.

Tonja said...

Yes...Chick-Fil-A is the best! I always feel so good about them when I drive by their store on Sunday and they are closed.

Did you know that Hobby Lobby is another Christian business that closes on Sunday?

Jill said...

Very neat and gracious of them. They are a great company! Though I don't eat much of their chicken, I do indulge in a lot of their beverages!

Deedra said...

How cool is that! I'm with Tonja, I love driving by there on Sunday and seeing that they are closed. What a fantastic testimony they are giving just in that closing!