Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, August 04, 2007

I'm feelin' OLD!

I have decided I am OLD!

This morning, I decided I wasn't going to mess around on the computer all day....that I was going to be productive and get things done around here that I've just been putting off.

SO.....

I went out about 9:15 and started watering plants and working in my yard. We're on a watering ban, or at least I believe it's still on, so I had to get that done before 10:00. After that, I worked out there pulling some weeds, trimming rose bushes, mixed Clorox with water and sprayed it along the back of the house to clean off parts that REALLY needed it, etc, then decided it was time to get to work in my garage! Boy...did it need it! My sister had given me three sets of metal shelves before they went to Florida back in June, so I put those together, then spent the next 4 hours or so straightening things out out there, digging through boxes that I hadn't cleaned out since I moved here almost 3 years ago (!!), throwing things away, putting stuff aside for a garage sale, sweeping, all that 'necessary' stuff that you have to do to make a place look better. My sister came over later in the day and trimmed some bushes....since she's the horticulturist, she'd told me I'd better not TOUCH the bushes and trees until she showed me how to prune them. Good thing because I would not have done it the way she did!

All I can say is that I came in and had a salad, finished watching a movie I had from Netflix, then got up after sitting for a while and tried (TRIED being the key phrase here!) to walk....UGH! :-) Oh my word! I could certainly tell that I have an office job and am not so used to that kind of work! I was limping around like I was walking on new feet!

It is a good productive feeling though, and when I left to go to Target tonight, I was so pleased with the way my garage looked when I raised the door when I returned home!

Now if I can just get that busy on the INSIDE! If I do, I may post a pic or two. We'll see!

10 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I love that feeling of looking back once you've finished a project and seeing what you've accomplished. Sore muscles and all, it's a great feeling.

Good for you!

Hugs!
Kat

Tracey said...

Hey girl! I just got back from a quick trip to Atlanta. I'm catching up on what you've been doing. I'm with you on the SORE muscles and walking like you got new feet (which made me laugh out loud, by the way!).

Girl, I feel that way if I've been sittin' my big 'ole butt at the computer too long!!! My ankles and feet are like, "HELLO!!! How's about a little warning before you make us tug that load!"

One of these days, when we come visit, I'll be able to steal away some time to get together.

Hopefully we can chit-chat soon!

Jean said...

Good for you, Dianne! It's so satisfying to be able to look back on a big project after it's completed.

Oh yes, I laughed over those new feet too. And Tracy's comment just cracked me up! I SO relate!! For years my ankles and feet have rebelled every time I get up after sitting for a while. The clincher was the time my sweet stepmother watched me limp for a few seconds after I got up, and she said, "You walk just like your dad when you get up." (He's 84!)

Jess said...

Wow... I'm impressed! Wore me out just reading your post! :) What a sense of accomplishment though. I bet everything looks great.

Deedra said...

I did some serious cleaning in my garage yesterday afternoon myself. I let Carter play with the water hose to occupy him while I worked since it was sooo hot! I actually got a lot done,...and ended up really wet! (I'll have to post some pics!)..of him..NOT me!

Being Transformed said...

Way to go girl, it must have been the weekend for garage cleaning. I spent 5 hours in my garage in the heat on Friday, and you are so right...the satisfaction of seeing your accomplishment is very rewarding. Thank you for welcoming me into the "fold" this morning, it was a blessing to feel like I could just be there and worship. Thank you for your friendship! LF

Anonymous said...

Good for you tackling a big job like that in this heat. I need to get working on my house - it's a mess right now and I just don't feel like cleaning it.

Lyndy said...

Sounds like you got a lot done. You wore me out just reading about it and working in the garage in this heat...is even harder.

Have a blessed week.

Lyndy

Tonja said...

Oh, do I feel guilty! I need to do that myself...outside and inside! And I know that it would feel just as good to see it done as you say it does...but, this being Monday and all...and with tomorrow being TUESDAY!!!!! I just will have to think about it ...LATER!!!!!

Jill said...

I love the TIRED but GOOD feeling!