Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A fun meme

I had a comment from Lynne on my last post that she had tagged me for a meme...so I had to race right over to her blog to see what it was...fun stuff....different stuff, so here goes:

ACCENT: I took a quiz a while back that said my accent was southern...I'm sure I'd have to agree! You can go here to take it for yourself (!!)

I DON'T DRINK: Coffee (except at my Aunt Winnie's at Christmas for some reason), tomato juice (or anything 'groovy' like that)...I can't think of anything else right now.

CHORE I HATE: All of them...although when I do get motivated to get them done, I feel great when I can see how much better things look!

PETS: One sweet kitty and LOTS of dust bunnies....they just keep multiplying! :-)

ESSENTIAL ELECTRONICS: Oh my word...my computer, preferably my laptop at home, my phone, and my PDA. I'm thinking about an ipod, but haven't bitten the bullet on that one yet.

PERFUME: I liked Premonition by Mary Kay, but they quit making it a few years ago. I haven't found anything else I've just loved, so I don't wear it much.

GOLD OR SILVER: Some gold, but usually silver.

INSOMNIA: Not lately! :-)

JOB TITLE: Doer of whatever needs to be done! :-) There's no one else to do it!

MOST ADMIRABLE TRAIT: I have NO idea, but I would probably say dependability as a whole and loyalty in my friendships.

KIDS: None except my Sweet Kitty (I keep saying that because it's her name), although I would take my nieces to raise in a heartbeat.

RELIGION: I was raised Methodist, but am now Baptist through and through.

SIBLINGS: One sister, Patty

TIME I WAKE UP: Either when my alarm goes off at 6:15, or when my cat decides to start walking on me to wake me up. Sometimes I just sense her being there and I'll open my eyes and she'll be sitting there by my pillow staring at me! :-) This is funny...if I know she's there and just want to mess with her, I'll act like I don't know, then she'll reach her paw out and tap me on the cheek a couple of times. If I don't do wake up or acknowledge her then, she'll tap me again and extend her claws, not much at all, but just enough to poke me to let me know she's there. It cracks me up when she does that! :-)

UNUSUAL TALENT OR SKILL: I don't know if it's unusual, but I can play the trumpet...other than that, I don't know.

VEGETABLE: That I like or don't like? I will try most of them now that I'm adult, but I hate beets and asparagus (although I've never had them...they just look gross!), and I don't know what saurkraut (sp?) is made from, but if that's a veggie, add it to the list. I hate the way it smells!

WORST HABIT: Spending money that I don't have, which I've really been guilty of lately...I am also an impatient driver

X-RAYS: Can't even remember the last time, although I am sure it was at the dentist.

FAVORITE MEAL: Hamburgers on the grill.

And as far as passing this on, I'm with Tonja....if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged...and let me know if you do it so I can read yours!

5 comments:

Jean said...

That was fun, Dianne. I'll probably do it when I get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Great answers! Thanks for playing along.

Unknown said...

Hi Dianne,
I've been reading your blog but don't know why I haven't left a message yet. It's not because I'm shy. Anyway, great meme and I like your blog.

Justabeachkat said...

I love reading memes...it's just another way to learn more about each other. Fun list!

Thanks again for your prayers for me and for Beth.

Hugs!
Kat

Jess said...

That's hilarious... you hate beets and asparagus and yet have never tried either one. :)
There are some things I will just look at and say "Nah. I can tell just by looking at it that it's not for me!" :)