Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, September 29, 2007

10 things...

I was tagged by Jess at Bittersweet to play along with this meme..."10 things that make me smile." It sort of intrigued me because I really didn't know that I could come up with 10 things offhand that make me smile. I am a major thinker and ponderer though, so this challenge was right up my alley! I finally had the thought, "If something makes me smile, it has to be something that makes my heart really happy." It's taken me a little bit to come up with these things, but thinking about it that way made it seem a little easier for some reason, so here we go:

10 things that make me smile:
(and not necessarily in this order)

1. My sweet nieces

2. My goofy cat

3.Rain

4. Fall weather that is just around the corner

5. God's PERFECT timing

6. Getting home in the afternoon and seeing that
my grass has been cut (!!)

7. My wonderful friends

8. This one is silly, but hearing wind chimes
makes me smile for some reason! :-)

9. The thoughtfulness of others
(which can also make me cry!) :-)

10. The end of tax season every year (!!)

So there it is! Nothing profound, just a post that really made me have to think. If you read this, I'd love to have this glimpse into your life as well. If you will play along, leave me a comment so I can go check out your blog too!

10 comments:

Jean said...

Ah, hearing from you again makes me smile!

Tonja said...

Me, too. I miss hearing your sweet thoughts.

So now you have Jean and me smiling....

Jess said...

Yay! Great job.
You know, it makes me cry when people do sweet things, too. (I'm a wreck when I watch "Extreme Home Makeover"!!) :)
Thanks for participating!

Justabeachkat said...

Great list! So glad you (and I) have lots to smile about. Life is good.

Hugs!
Kat

Tonja said...

o.k. I made my own list...
come and see...

Tonja

Knit-Wit said...

Nice list - several of those things make me smile as well.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I can't take the all the credit on the signature things - Kari gave me the info and she got it from others. Just pass it on and share the bloggy love!

Being Transformed said...

Dianne, As always, you have inspired me today. I took the challenge this afternoon and just challenged my husband to come up with 10 things. It has taken him about 26 minutes and he never got to 10. Good friends are a blessing from the Lord, this too makes me smile! Just fluttering by to say hi!

Amy said...

1. Seeing Donny Osmond on Entertainment Tonight! I think he'll be on there a lot as long as Marie is still on Dancing with the Stars!
2. Babies that are belly laughing. Not even Donny can top that!
3. My bulldog, Wensleydale. She is a comfort to me always.
4. Getting free samples in the mail!
5. Not trying to brown nose, but I love the picture of Grace holding her little glasses case. Too cute! I always smile when I see it.
6. I smile when my physical therapist is leaving! Whew, what a workout!
7. Giraffes, especially when I get to feed them.
8. Knowing that both of my surgeries are behind me really makes me smile!
9. Knowing that my dad is in Heaven and no longer suffering.
10. And knowing that if I died today I know I am saved and would go to be with my Heavenly Father for eternity!

Thanks for making me smile today!

Anonymous said...

thanks for visiting my blog! i hope you were blessed :)
Christelle

Ally said...

Hey thanks for always dropping by to visit me. I love your signature..it´s great! I will answer your questions on my blog too!