Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Monday, September 10, 2007

Dependence

"Lord, cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You” (Psalm 143:8). I know that when I try to run the race without You, I get off course. Thank You that even if I become weak and stumble, You will help me to rise again and continue on. And though I can’t see exactly where I am going, I’m certain that You can and will enable me to get to where I need to be. Thank You, Lord, that You are teaching me how to walk in total dependence upon You, for I know therein lies my greatest blessing.

--JUST ENOUGH LIGHT FOR THE STEP I'M ON by Stormie Omartian

4 comments:

Jean said...

How very true. Thanks for sharing this. I need it.

Tonja said...

Life is so much easier when we let Him do the leading, isn't it? Why do I keep forgetting that and try to go my own way? Thanks for the reminder!

Blessings.
Tonja

Unknown said...

This is a great post. Thanks. Total dependence is always a work in progress.

Jess said...

I LOVE THAT BOOK! It has ministered to me so greatly, mine is getting pretty withered. :) The one I keep going back to is the 'Surrendering' part. Big problem for me these days... But, thanks for the reminder on the first part!