Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Monday, September 24, 2007

Amazing Grace (my chains are gone)

We've been practicing this song for weeks in choir and sang it this past Sunday morning in church. I know it is applicable to all of us who are Christians, but it was hard, at least for me, because somehow on the heels of Bev's death, it seemed extra-poignant, extra-powerful and extra-meaningful...'my chains are gone, I've been set free.'

5 comments:

Jess said...

It is a great song. We sing it at our church. And I just love when they blend the new contemporary with the classic hymns. Really brings it home to me.
Unfortunately, I'm still holding onto my old chains myself, but looking forward to the day I can say I've been set free!

Tracey said...

just checking in...can't listen to it right now cause I'm getting ready for work and I know I will BOO-HOO!

Will check in later. Have a good day--just wanted you to know that you've been on my mind.

Love ya!
Tracey

Tonja said...

Beautiful song. I, too, have had you on my mind. I know it's been hard for you to lose a special friend, and I have been praying for you.

Have a blessed day

Tonja

Being Transformed said...

This brought the gift of tears this morning, thank you!

Justabeachkat said...

So beautiful!

Hugs!
Kat