Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, September 15, 2007

An award, a meme and a prayer


I don't even know what to say to this. It's nice to get such an award from friends I haven't even met yet! I got this award on Monday from someone I have just recently learned reads my blog, Joan, then my friend Jean passed this award on to me on Tuesday. WOW! Who knew?? I have a hard time knowing WHAT to post sometimes, but to think that people actually smile and enjoy it....that is humbling! The idea is to pass it on to others who make ME smile, so I'm passing it on to Amy. Her blog is one that I randomly found and I loved her the minute I read she was a Donny Osmond fan too! I am also passing this award on to my friend Leanne although I know she has more on her plate than is humanly possible to cope with and may not have the time to pass it on. Just know Leanne that you are dear friend and that this award has been well-deserved. You've been an awesome friend these last several months.

Second, Tonja passed on a 'Middle Name Meme' to me this past Wednesday. The rules are as follows:

"You have to post these rules on your blog. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you do not have a middle name, choose one you would like to have. When tagged, write your own blog post containing your middle name facts. At the end, choose one person to tag for each letter of your middle name. Then leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged."

Of course, you would know my middle name is Dianne, so here goes:

D -- dog-gone tired right now!
I -- intrigued by the things God is putting my life these days
A -- always grateful for my nieces! :-)
N -- not perfect (ummm.....AMEN!)
N -- never too busy if a friend is in need (or I try not to be too busy anyway)
E -- empathetic (please notice 'EM' in front of 'pathetic'! :-) )

I am tagging Kat and my new friend Karen for this one, so 'you go girls!' and good luck! This one is kinda hard!

Lastly, I would ask you to pray for my friend Bev who I have mentioned from time to time on my blog. She is an AWESOME woman and someone I am honored and priviledged to count as a friend. She found out she had breast cancer what will be 7 years ago at the end of this month and while this cancer has gone to her uterus, lung, heart and bones through the years, it is now in her liver and her prognosis doesn't appear to be very good. God can do anything though and none of her family and friends are losing sight of that, but please say a prayer for her and her family if you read this and if they come to mind any other time. My heart is heavy for them, but Bev is a Christian as are her husband and children, so that is one major good thing. It's just difficult to think about. I know they would appreciate your prayers.

The Hunger Site

Thank you!

9 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

I am doing the Meme as I type..I will lift up your friend in prayer.

Tracey said...

Thanks for the updates on Bev. I will continue to keep her in my prayers. Congrats on the award! I just noticed that Jean gave that to each of us, so I'll have to post on that soon. I also was tagged for the middle name one from Lynne, but have yet to do it. I HATE my middle name, plus it has 7 doggone letters! Gee whiz!

Hope all is well. I am not avoiding you---I've just been covered up to the point of meltdown. Hopefully we can talk soon.

Much love!
Tracey

Justabeachkat said...

Thanks for the mention and the meme challenge. I'll get to work on mine.

I'm so sorry to read about Bev. I'll definitely include her in my prayers!

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

So, Dianne, I'm curious to know what your first name is. Do you tell? My middle name is actually Jean and I absolutely hate my first name.

I'm really sorry to hear about Bev. I just hate, hate, hate cancer. I will pray for her and her family.

Amy said...

Oh Dianne, thank you for the award! That is so sweet of you to think of me. I have to laugh because when before I checked my blog today I read my e-mails and I had a "letter" from Donny. I thought about you when I was reading it...lol! Have you ever been to Donny.com? I like to check it out from time to time. I admit that I still love him to death after all these years!

My SIL just had her last round of radiation and is doing well. I will definitely uphold your dear friend in prayer. God can do miracles!

Please do tell...what is your first name? I did this meme awhile back. My middle name is Diane!

Thanks again for the award and I'll get busy passing it on!

In Him, Amy

Vanessa said...

Dianne,

If your friend, Bev, has breast cancer... she'd better read this inspiring post of God's goodness and healing powers: www.darlingwarhorse.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

(the post is dated 09/14/07)

Tonja said...

You make me smile, too. Congrats on the award. Sorry to hear about your friend, I'll add her to my prayer list. Thanks for doing the meme....they're always fun!

Being Transformed said...

Humbled and honored that you would think of me, especially since my very busy schedule has made my favorite new hobby almost impossible. Even my 74 daddy said to me last week, "you are not blogging, when are you gonna post?" The pressure is on. My friend, you are an amazing blessing in my life and I am so grateful for your confidence, help, prayers and encouragement. Much Love, Leanne