Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, May 31, 2007

The fun continues...

You know, I am just lovin' life this week. Monday was a holiday, Tuesday I got to be there for a friend, Wednesday was Grace's awards day, and tonight, I went to dinner with friends.

I know I've mentioned that I work with the Kindergarten children's choir at church. Last Wednesday night we had our end of the year program. The parents of a set of twins that we had this year gave us all gift cards to Carraba's at Christmas ($$$$...WOW!), so we decided to find a night after the choir year was over to all go to dinner together, just to spend time together and to spend time with a friend who works in choir with us that will probably be moving sometime in the next few months because of her husband's job. What a fun night it turned out to be! It's funny how you can work with people week after week and not really get time to talk to them! We all just talked, laughed and genuinely enjoyed our time together. It really was a very fun night....but shame on me....I forgot to take my camera! Terri, the teacher of our class, took hers though and we did get a group shot, but she doesn't know how to e-mail it to me, so I am going to work on somehow getting that done so I can post it. From what I saw, it looked like a good picture of everyone, and when you have 11 people, that isn't always an easy task! Hopefully I can get that done soon. It was definitely a fun night though.

Another great thing today...I have decided I am going to try to work in to my budget every couple of weeks to have someone cut my grass and, when it needs it, do the edging and weedeating, etc. He came today for the first time and although it was dark when I got home, from what I can tell, it looks FABULOUS! I walked down my driveway and around the sidewalk all bent over so I could see how neat the edging is.....I have been here about 2.5 years and have never edged! EEK! My yard looks all neat and 'kept' looking...much better than it has when I've done it myself. I can't WAIT for the sun to come up in the morning so I can see it in the sunlight. Right now, I am pretty determined to get it worked into my budget....even if I have to cut a social activity or two to get it done. There are some HOT days here in the summer and cutting grass with a push mower is NOT one of my favorite activities! :-)

I believe I am picking Grace up at school tomorrow, but she is definitely spending the night with me. Kate is having 3 friends spend the night with her tomorrow night, so I am having Grace over here so the 'big girls' can have time for themselves. Actually, I have Kate and Grace over to spend the night periodically, always separately though because I love my time with each of them so much. I always prefer to do it when the other is busy because I feel guilty and it makes me sad leaving with one of them when the other is sitting there longing to go too! (I'm acting like I'm some kind of prize, aren't I???? haha!) I know Grace and I have some running around to do...and she wants to get a new toothbrush to have here....she believes she's outgrown the one she has here now! :-)

I'll keep you posted on what we do. I'm eager to see what she has in mind myself...I am SURE there will not be a dull moment!

7 comments:

Tracey said...

Sounds like fun! I would LOVE to see that picture since I probably know some of them. I remember teaching the 5 year olds with Terri--she is awesome! Did she move down or did you move up? That was always such a fun age to teach.

Have a good time with Grace this weekend. I know you will! Give me a call when you get a free moment ;-) and let's catch up!

Jean said...

I guess you'll have to go to that lady's house and show her how to email pictures. I'd love to see it too, even tho I certainly won't know anyone but you.

Grace and Kate are so lucky to have you - so is your sister. I know you'll be having a great time, and I'll be looking forward to some pictures!

Anonymous said...

You are such a great Aunt. I'm sure the girls love coming to spend the night with you. You make each one feel so special.

Tonja said...

Isn't life just the grandest thing?
More blessings to you, my friend!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful aunt you are! My daughter loves to go to "fun Aunt Jessica's house". I think she'd prefer to live with her!

Deedra said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun. When I first read "Carabas" my brain though "Carribean"! Carabas gift cards for Christmas is a great gift!! Maybe next year the Carribean? I hope you and grace have a wonderful time together!

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there! With my company here, I've had very little time to post or even catch up on everyone. I have a few minutes this morning so I'm doing a marathon read and then I'm off and running again. Loved catching up with you. I hope you get a copy of that photo. I'd love to see it. Awww....having a night with Grace is a perfect way to end the week. Take some photos and share when you can. Have fun!
Kat