Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Awards Day

Well, I went to my sister's for dinner last night and to drop off two weeks of PTO money I had counted over the weekend. After I had been there a little while, Grace looks at me and says, "Aunt Dianne, can you come to my Awards Day tomorrow? I really, really, REALLY want you to! Call your boss!" (Sounds like she's my boss, doesn't it??) Anyway, when I got home, I called the girl I work under and left her a voicemail for this morning saying that I was going to be late. The awards were only for their classroom and given by the teacher. Most kids got awards for the A-B honor roll, etc...one or two had perfect attendance, then it got down to the fun ones.

Here's Grace in all her anticipation of the moment....

Here's Grace laughing at what her teacher was saying...
can't you just see her excitement?

...and here it is.....her award.....
for MOST HUMOROUS! ha! I could have told you that!

Ms Thompson told everyone that Grace always has something to make her smile or laugh and that Grace had told her that every time you laugh, it adds 5 seconds to you life, so Grace thinks she's going to live forever! Everyone giggled, but she was so excited and so sweet up there...just her anticipation....that child is all about awards, what she can do, and encouragement! :-)

THIS is one proud aunt and her sweet niece before the
proud aunt had to go to work.

What can I say....another good day....I am blessed!

6 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

What a cutie pie she is. I can see why she has you wrapped around her little finger. So sweet. And she got the best award possible in my opinion. Laughter really is the best medicine.

Tracey said...

Dianne, she IS so much like you! You are always making me laugh. I swear, ya'll look so much alike. Congrats to Grace! That is the best award ever!

Jean said...

I LOVE these pictures. I swear I can hear her giggling! And the one of you with her is just the best. Tracey's right - you do look alike!

Anonymous said...

She's so sweet! You two look so cute together. BTW - I really like your hair!

Tonja said...

What cuties...you and Grace. So glad you could be a part of her special day. Every thing goes better with a healthy dose of laughter...she got the best award.
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Here is Clementine's blog:
http://clemntineschronicles.blogspot.com/

Do come back any time!!