Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Kodak moments


First of all, my apologies to Tracey for using this 'Kodak moment,' but I tried to find camera images that were what I wanted and they all were too blurry, so I started brain-storming 'Kodak moments' and thought I would re-post this picture from when I went to see Tracey back in December....It makes me laugh just looking at it, so I had to use it! :-) We were laughing SO hard trying to get a good picture....but we usually DO laugh this hard at some point when we are together anyway. It's nice to have friends who just 'get' you!

Anyway, this post has no meaning or message to it or anything, but I do need some suggestions. My camera has been acting up for a while now and I have decided that I want to get a new one. (I had 'need' in there, but decided this wasn't really a 'need' situation...it's definitely more of a 'want' situation....). With SO many cameras on the market now, I don't even know where to begin looking, so I wanted to see if some of you would tell me what kind of camera you have and if it is something you would recommend. The camera I have now is a Canon PowerShot S400. It's started sticking when I try to look at the pictures I've taken and it has WAY too much shutter lag, plus the battery life stinks. My sister has a Kodak Z710 that she's pretty happy with, so I am going to read up on that one and the Kodak Z712 which is a step up from hers. I am definitely going to do my homework before I buy one and I am open to pretty much any brand, so don't feel like there is any pressure (!!), but asking for CD suggestions worked so well a few weeks ago that I thought I'd ask about cameras too! :-)

Also, I wanted to let you know that I saw my friend Carla at church this morning and she said she had a wonderful visit with her friend on Thursday, so thanks to those of you who remembered them. She knows without a doubt that God is at work in a HUGE way, and so does this friend of hers. I will keep you posted on them from time to time, but please continue to say a prayer for them anytime they may come to mind.

6 comments:

Tracey said...

DIANNE!!! That is TOO FUNNY! I'm about to swallow your whole head!

Look how short my hair still was from my horrible "cutting while intoxicated" experience! That woman butchered me! Can you believe that I still have NOT had my haircut since then...that was October 13th!

We have a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S60 and we love it!

Jean said...

GREAT picture!! Wish I could have been there!

My camera says FinePix one place, and Fujifilm S3000 another place, so I guess it's one of those. I like it well enough, but when I look at my friend Doris's pictures (cerwindoris on my links) taken with her Nikon D50, I certainly notice the difference.

Jill said...

I just bought a Cannon Rebel XTi... it's a SLR digital camera and I'm having lots of fun learning to use it. I had to buy a separate lens for it. We have a Cannon PowerShot SD630 at the office and we use it a lot and the photo quality is great. Good luck!

Deedra said...

What a great pic! It looks like you guys are having a blast! As for the camera, I have two..I have a Sony cypershot DSC-W1 & a Canon Powershot SD650. The Canon is my favorite by far! It's tiny and stays in my diaper bag all the time. It takes great pics! The only time I use the sony is when I'm going to need a bigger zoom, I bought a bigger zoom lens to attach to that one. Otherwise, I use the Canon.

Tonja said...

I got this great little camera for my birthday last year and I love it. It's so tiny, I can put it in my back pocket and take it with me anywhere. And it is sooooo easy to use. It is a Casio Exilim. It's simple to use and fun, too. Good luck!

Great pic!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! You both look like you're having such a great time.

I have a Vivitar ViviCam 5386. Not great, but not bad either for the price (cheap!). Someday I'd like to get a really good camera, but until then this one will do.