Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Friday, May 25, 2007

Finally!

Wow. What a week! I hope all these pictures post like I want them to....

My sweet 7th grade niece, Kate, had a chorus concert Tuesday night. We were too far away to get any good pictures, but I did zoom in and got this one that I've worked on to hopefully get decent enough to see. She was an adorable little girl that captured my heart from the start, but now she's growing into a precious young woman as well. They sang a couple of songs that they'd done at a competition earlier this year on which they received superior ratings, a medly of some Disney songs, then they combined with the band and sang 'America the Beautiful.' By the end of that, many of us in the audience were singing along. It was a sweet way to end the concert, especially in light of all that is going on in the world right now. Of course, they were very good and I was as proud as I could be, but I sat there part of the time with tears in my eyes thinking that this time next year, they will be moving. I am going to HAVE to get a grip on myself, but right now, I just don't see it happening.


Wednesday night, we had our preschool children's choir program at church. I work with the Kindergarten class and it went very well. I thought about trying to get a picture of them in their cute little outfits, but as busy as that night was and as active and excited as they were, I was glad just to emerge with breath in my body! :-) I'll suffice it to say they did a great job.


Yesterday, I took a vacation day from work and went to my friend Chris' graduation. (He's the son of my friend Gina, but he's a friend of mine in his own right.) He goes to a Christian school that only goes thru 8th grade, so this was his last year there. He'd been attending there for 10 years....since 4 year Pre-K or something and there was only one other person in his class that had been there longer!











I just couldn't get enough of his handsome face!






There were only about 12 - 14 people in his class and Chris and his
friend Lance were the only 2 boys!


This is me and Chris at his house after we'd gone to lunch to
celebrate with his parents, grandparents and his aunt that
is here from out of town. Cracker Barrel...YUM! :-)
We had fun. He's a great young man.
I just can't believe how much he towers over me now!
I'm proud of him and proud to call him my friend. I can't wait to
see what God has in store for his life.

Lastly, I don't have any pictures from this, but I went to a high school graduation last night for my friend Joan's daughter, Brittany. She also attended a Christian school and I think that was probably the sweetest high school graduation ceremony I have ever attended. Joan and her husband were clients where I work for years and we struck up a great friendship that continues to this day. When they came to our firm, Brittany was just a little, little girl and it's wonderful to see what a great young woman she has become. I was very proud of her last night too!

So that has been my week in a nutshell...just running, running, running. It hasn't beeen my intent not to blog, it just takes me SO long to gather my thoughts, even for a quick post....what can I say?

I'll do better....and thanks for missing me (those of you who did anyway)! :-)

7 comments:

Tonja said...

I did...miss you, that is. I know that these are busy times for so many this time of year. Loved your pics.
Your words about Chris reminded me of my son Alex. One of my dearest friends is also his friend. And he loves her for his own reasons...not just because she is my friend. His relationship with her is very important to him, as I'm sure yours is to Chris. I think it very important for young people to have other adults to count on and learn from besides just family.
Hope your days slow down some...get some rest.

Jean said...

So many important events for all of us. I loved the pictures. Everyone looks so beautiful, including you, my dear!

Justabeachkat said...

It's a busy time of the year so although I missed hearing from you, I knew you must be busy. I was patiently waiting to get an update. Love the photos. Home you'll have some down time this weekend.

Deedra said...

It is such a busy time of year! I loved the photos! I must admit, I was a teary eyed mess for graduation last night! You'd have thought some of those boys were my very own! My husband and I teach the 7-12 grade boys on Wednesday nights and we are both super close to those guys!

My niece(7) and nephew(8) are also spending the weekend with me. I finally got them and my little one to bed,..my house is a wreck, and we have a cookout here tomorrow afternoon...and I'm blogging!..lol
..is this a comment or a post?? I gotta get busy!

Tracey said...

Well, I can't say like Kat that I've been patiently waiting to hear from you, now can I? I do miss it big time when you don't post.

OH MY WORD is Christopher a HANDSOME fellow!!! Do you remember when he was little and we would tease you by me giving him kisses all over his precious cheeks just to make you jealous?! Gosh, time flies. He has definitely grown up and matured into a fine looking young man, whose heart I'm sure is even finer!

And Kate, what a young lady she's turned out to be. It seems like only yesterday that she was a toddler!

Glad to see a post from you--been missing you! Blogger girls beach trip anyone?! ;-) I'm game!

Jess said...

I had missed your blog as well. Though, I don't have any room to talk on not posting in quite some time. Glad to hear all is well and you've just had a busy week. Fine young people taking on the world in your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

You've been busy...Thanks for sharing these nice words about the graduates. I know they are glad you are their friend. (Great pics, too)