Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Lucky me -- for real

Here's my dilemma:

Nothing much has been going on this week, but my friends RealEstateGirl and NspiredbyFaith still want me to blog!

So what's a girl to do?

Monday night I did nothing, Tuesday night, I went with my friend Gina and her son, Chris, to do some running around, last night, I had church stuff, but today....

I went to Field Day at Grace's school. In all truth, my thoughts are that I am sure you get tired of reading about my nieces, so I wasn't really going to blog about that either...BUT, it was a pretty fun day. I had intended to only go for part of it after lunch, but Grace called on Tuesday night and begged me with this message...."Aunt Dianne....pllleeeaaassseeee, ppllleeeaaasseeee!!!! Ask your boss if you can be off the WHOLE day.....No one has EVER come for ALL of Field Day for me!!!! PPPPLLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!" There was more to the message, but that was the jest of it. She just cracks me up with that beggin'.....SO unnecessary because all she had to do was ask to begin with! Anyway, being the aunt that I am, of course, I took the whole day off to spend the day at her school. It was fun, but I got sunburned! I always seem to forget how easily I burn and today was no exception. Field Day was fun though....I just don't know how the PE teacher comes up with all the activities that were there!

Here are a few pictures:

Grace and the 'kangaroo relay'





Grace and classmates...






Grace and her 'best teacher ever'...Ms Thompson. (I love her too...she's GREAT! Lots of working as a 'team' in her class and Grace told me today that she likes Ms Thompson because she makes her work hard on her schoolwork! Go figure!)



Bein' sweet with her friend, Kara.

I love that little hand over Kara's....Grace is ever the caretaker!

There are days that I am especially lucky be an aunt....today was one of them.

9 comments:

Tracey said...

You're the best aunt ever! These are things she will remember her whole life and I'm so glad you are able to have that flexibility now that tax season is over!

And it doesn't matter how much you've been doing or not doing...I still want to know about it! I check in at LEAST once a day on all my blogger buddies and am so disappointed if there's nothing new!

Glad to see a post! Cute pictures!

Justabeachkat said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....how sweet! Great photos. Glad your day was so much fun.

Tracy said...

Who doesn't love a good field day? Thanks for stopping by Diane...

Deedra said...

That looks like so much fun! I know your neice must think you are just the coolest aunt in the world! What a strong bond you guys are building now and will always continue to share! You can just tell aunts things you cant tell moms, so it's a super important relationship in a girl's life!

Also, I believe the blogland oath requires you "to write about every detail of your existance no matter how boring or mundane you may think it". I'm not sure if that's word for word, but you get the idea! "Someone else may find it the highlight of their day!" (Thats a line from the blogland anthem)

Deedra said...

niece....i before e, except after c...duh! (that's not in the oath, just english class....3rd grade, maybe?)

Jean said...

Why would we ever tire of hearing about the nieces? They're so lucky to have you to dote over them.

That blogland oath thing cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

Grace is so adorable! She must be thrilled that you were able to spend the whole day with her.

The blogland oath! Posting about anything and everything, no matter how mundane - I posted last night about cleaning carpets! How mundane can you get???

Jess said...

I'm so glad to know I wasn't the only one not having such a note-worthy week! :) The 'only' thing I had going on this week was my niece's little end of the school year ceremony for pre-school! Obviously, I was glad to go and share in it, but I didn't feel it was all the blog-worthy. But, your field day looked like a blast! I know it made her day that you could go for her. :)

Jill said...

Looks like you had a great day. What a special Aunt you are. And, the weather here in GA has been gorgeous, huh? Perfect for Field Day.