Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Monday, May 14, 2007

More plant pics...

Since that post about my house and plants last week or whenever it was, I know you have just been sittin' on the edge of your seat waitin' to see my Daisy Gardenias in bloom! :-) (yeah, right!) Anyway, I thought I'd post a new picture...or two...or three. They just started blooming over the weekend and when I left for work this morning, this one had practically expoded overnight. I was running late though, so had to wait until I got home to take any pictures. There are lots more buds still to open, but I didn't know how many would be open at one time if I waited, so this kinda shows what they look like....too bad you can't smell them though...there are three planted there together along the front walkway and when they bloom, they smell GREAT! I'm glad my sister knows about plants because I am DEFINITELY lacking in that department!

10 comments:

Jean said...

I love it!

Jess said...

Wow! I've seen regular gardenias, but those are so cool! They're cuter than the usual ones, but I bet they do smell just as wonderfully sweet!

Justabeachkat said...

I love those! They do smell so good. What a lovely way to greet guests! You need to have a party. I'm available. LOL

Tracey said...

Gardenias do smell wonderful!

Look at you, little miss domestic flower diva!

Deedra said...

Somebody should invent scratch-n-sniff internet! I'd love to smell those...they are beautiful!

Jean said...

There you go, Tracey. Invent Scratch and Sniff internet, and you'll get rich quick and you can quit real estate!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have these by my front walk too and they smell so wonderful! All of our plants got hit by a bad frost a few weeks ago, and I'm just hoping my gardenias will come back.

Tonja said...

I love the fragrance of gardenia. What a lovely way to start the day, with a whiff of them on the way out. They're beautiful.

Tracey said...

quit smelling your flowers and get to bloggin' girl!

Deedra said...

did you put up a hammock near your plants and fall asleep in it? I'm with Tracey, get to blogging girl!