Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, June 03, 2007

A weekend of Grace :-)

What a fast weekend...It went quick, but I had some great quality time with Grace...time that I wouldn't trade for anything!

I checked her out of school on Friday, we did some errands, then we came home, goofed around here, then went to her house to get clothes, pj's and her bathing suit. The pool and playground for my subdivision are just behind my house. This is my backyard, looking up to the pool and clubhouse....first standing at my back door, then a zoomed in view.

Rest assured my back yard doesn't look this big unless I am mowing it! :-)

I only post these so you can see why Grace couldn't get swimming off her mind...every time she looked out the window, there it was! I took her for about an hour and a half on Friday night, then Saturday morning, she woke me up at 7:30 informing me that she was ready to go swimming again! :-) Needless to say...we didn't! :-)

After going to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast, counting PTO money and hanging around here until it got a little warmer, we went back to the pool for about 2.5 hours. Other kids were there, so she played with them for a while which was fine with me. She and Kate both have taken swimming lessons for years, so they are like fish in the water, but I didn't get in this time because it is still too cold for me. I need it MUCH warmer! How is it that kids can just jump in water like that and take off? WOW. Anyway, after all that, we came back home, I fixed her lunch, we played games and watched TV, then I took her home about 4:30. When I got back, I took myself a little nap! :-)

Last night, some friends of my sister's hosted a murder mystery dinner party for her birthday which was a couple of weeks ago. I went because it was for my sister's birthday, but I am not much of a gamer for stuff like that, so I had a non-suspect role. It was pretty fun, but I was GLAD I wasn't one of the main characters. I don't know what my deal is, but I do NOT like being the center of attention....which is probably why I don't always understand why people want to read about my personal stuff on this blog, but if I don't post....well....hmmmmm......

Anyway, today has just been a great day. A great sermon this morning about selfishness and self-centernedness and how damaging it can be to a marriage and family. That's what our sermon series is about at church right now. Being single, I don't always like these kinds of sermons, but this one today could apply to any relationship.....just don't be self-centered and selfish and all our relationships will work:

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also so the interest of others." (Phil 2:3-4)

Another thing he said that I thought was noteworthy, the definition of EGO...Edging God Out. WOW.

One of our ensembles sang one of the best songs I have ever heard..."The Great I Am Still Is," then our choir did a song titled, "I Will Trust in Thee." FABULOUS. I am just SO blessed to be a part of my church!

I thought I'd wait until the end of my post for these, so at the risk of 'Grace overload,' here are pictures of her at the pool.






7 comments:

Jean said...

There cannot possibly be Grace overload. She is SOOO funny and I just love every picture!

I love that acronym on EGO. Very, very good. And I need to look up those two songs. That one "The Great I Am Still Is" sounds good just from the title.

Tracey said...

I agree with Jean, there can't be Grace overload! She is just so dadgum cute! I know her personality matches that cuteness too!

You're right, you are SO blessed to be a part of that church and don't you forget it! Since we've moved away, there has been nothing that even comes close...

I'm so glad you had a good weekend and keep posting or the blog mafia will come lookin' for ya!

Anonymous said...

Grace is a little charmer! Kids that age just love to pose, don't they?

Jill said...

I'm with everyone else - I love to see pictures of Grace. She looks like she has a fun personality. Thanks for sharing!

Jean said...

The blog mafia - I love it!!!!

Justabeachkat said...

What a cutie pie she is!! I love the last photo the best. I'm so glad you had a good time. But, I understand about needing the nap after taking her home. My company is leaving in the morning. A nap sounds like a winner.

Anonymous said...

Grace is a cutie. I must admit that when I was on Clementine's blog, I chose to come over to yours because you have the cutest face and I wanted to find out what your blog would be about. Glad I did. Great blog, great pictures.