Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Monday, April 30, 2007

Food for thought...

You may have read this before, but I thought it was very thought provoking, especially in this day and age:

Cell Phone vs. Bible

I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phones?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we flipped through it several times a day?

What if we used it to receive messages?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to kids as gifts?

What if we used it as we traveled?

What if we used it in case of an emergency?

What if we upgraded it to get the latest version?

This is something to make you go, "Hmmm, where is my Bible?"

Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cellphones, we don’t ever have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill!

5 comments:

Jess said...

That's Awesome! I hadn't seen that before. Definitely makes you stop and think about our priorities and how skewed they've gotten... thanks for sharing!

Deedra said...

Amen, sista! I've seen those before, but that's something it doesn't hurt to think about often!

Jean said...

Someone sent this to me recently, and it is indeed very convicting.

Tonja said...

I have never seen this...but it sure makes you think. I HAVE gone back home to get my cell phone. Thanks for sharing this.

NotJustLaura said...

I've not seen this before but I really like it so thanks for sharing :)