Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, April 05, 2007

One busy week...

I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who left comments on my last post. As I know we've all found out from time to time, there is comfort in realizing that others understand just the feeling we are trying to describe. It's just cool to me that people I mostly know only through writing are willing to share so much of their heart and impact me so much. I am grateful.

Along with several of you, I got tagged by Tracey on Monday night with the Thinking Blogger Award. I was surprised about this for two reasons: (1) I usually don't have anything to say of any merit, I just post silly stuff.....No real thinking there, huh? (2) Most of the blogs I check regularly, I got from links on her blog and she used them as her choices! Uh...Thanks Tracey! :-)

Actually, there are a few blogs that I check from time to time that I don't have listed as links, so I will look at those get them posted soon. I just haven't had time this week to figure out the 'link' thing, but as soon as I do, I will get it done. This week has just been crazy busy and I'm one that isn't going to do anything until I can do it right!

Here's the week though, for real: About 9:30 on Tuesday morning, a co-worker came running upstairs screaming..."Does anyone know CPR....Does anyone know CPR?? Amanda has passed out she isn't breathing!!!!" Well, by the time we got downstairs to see what was going on, my friend Gina (who I also work with) was making an effort at CPR although she wasn't sure exactly what she was doing. Josh called 911 and fortunately, they were there within a minute. Extremely fast. Later, one of the paramedics said they were across the street when they got the call, so they dropped everything and came. Amanda had a heartbeat and she was breathing, although not regularly, when the paramedics got there. They were able to bring her around enough get her onto a stretcher and on the way to the hospital. Surprisingly, she was released later in the day and said they had determined that a new medication she had been prescribed had reacted with something else she was on and caused her to have a seizure! You know...she is only 24 and that is just scary stuff. As a result of that, several people at work have decided to take a CPR class given by the Red Cross after we get through with tax season. Not a bad idea and I will probably do the same, if not then, sometime soon. Since Amanda had stopped breathing, it really put a scare in everyone and I think we were all sort of in a fog the rest of that day.

Yesterday was just a long day because of work, children's choir, adult choir, then several of us went out for dinner for another friend's birthday. I was LATE getting home and was just dragging around the first half of the day today....I got a little of a second wind, but it's starting to hit me again. Something is telling me this will be an early to bed night! :-)

Mostly, I really just wanted, tonight, to say thanks for the comments earlier this week and to say that I am not ignoring the 'award' that has been bestowed on me in case anyone is checking to see who I unveil as my choices. I will do it soon. And to you Tracey, I appreciate the 'award' but what I appreciate most are the kind things you had to say. I know over the course of time, we have discussed some of those things ourselves, but when you put it all out there for everyone in 'bloggerland' to read, it is humbling to say the least!

.....but about that singing group comment..... :-)

5 comments:

Jean said...

Yeah, anyway, I want to know more about that singing group. I really do.

Tracey said...

Oh, the stories I could tell!

We have had some fun times and the singing group was fun---even though we were being forced into doing it! We mostly sang "Sierra" and "Point of Grace" stuff... Dianne, me, and two other girls. Anytime we had to sing at church, or for Sunday School departments, etc. I would be SOOOO sick the night before and all that morning from nerves!!! I am NOT a get up in front of people kinda gal!

By the way, what a crazy week you've had! Glad your co-worker is okay. I agree, time for a CPR class!

Deedra said...

My goodness! What a week! I'm glad the girl from your office is okay. I agree on the CPR class too! Make sure it's one for adults & Children. You never know when you might need it! One morning after I'd just had my first miscarriage, i heard a call go over my firefighter husband's radio about an infant not breathing. It was just up the road from our house. I prayed but stayed at home until I heard a desperate plea go over the radio seconds later for someone to do pediatric Cpr, which I knew. I did CPR with the parents and grandparents of a 2 month old baby screaming all around me until the ambulance got there. It was more horrific than I can possibly describe. The baby died, it was SIDS. But that family has thanked me every single time I have seen them after that for trying to help him. After that, the local volunteer fire department held several CPR classes for the community. There were volunteer firefighters all around me who just turned to mush. God is the only thing that got me through that.

Anonymous said...

That must have been a scary situation at work. Good idea to do a CPR class. It's not hard to do, but so very important to know. Be sure, once you take the course, to re-certify every year or two. I think there are changes being made right now. Which reminds me, I need to re-certify too.

Tonja said...

With the week you have had...you deserve a quiet and peaceful holiday! Get some rest.
Cute, cute girls,too.
It does pay to know CPR. You just never know when you'll need it.Because I trained as a nurse, I have given some CPR classes at our church. Once when my boys were small, my Mom came over to keep the boys while I gave a course. I came home at lunch to check on them and as soon as I came in the door, she was yelling for help. My youngest had swallowed a quarter and was not breathing. So, I had to use what I had been teaching just minutes before. I got the quarter back and he continued to gives us many more scares...and joys. Isn't it just like God to work things out so perfectly?