Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Handbag tag...and a sweet note.

Okay...now I've been tagged for something I can do timely! :-)

Nspired by Faith tagged me for a 'Handbag Tag.' The deal is to show your purse, the contents, and evidently what you had to clean out of it to make it presentable. Luckily, I had cleaned mine out last night before I went out with friends! YEA! :-)

So here's my purse...bought last year as a splurge for myself after tax season. I have to do something to make it seem worthwhile, don't I???


And the contents: wallet, PDA, checkbook, miscellaneous gift cards, asprin that I have in a film canister (!!), two packs of gum, pens, pencils, a Tide 'Go stick' (works FABULOUS by the way!), bills to be mailed, lipsticks and chapstick, and a prescription that I got at the doctor the other day along with two bubble packs of Synthroid. (Sorry you asked, huh?)


Now, these are the people I am tagging for this little venture:

MusicalJean
Bittersweet
Justabeachkat
A Closer Walk
Show Me State...of Mind (I know Tracey has already been picked, but I'm nosey and figured an extra vote for her couldn't hurt!) :-)

And while I'm posting pictures, my sister and Grace came by here on Wednesday when I was at work and I had this note on the door waiting on me when I got home from church that night:

Kate, her sister, recently got a new cell phone, so Grace inherited Kate's old one. It's not like Grace NEEDS a cell phone at 8 years old, but she's all about trying to be 'cool' like her sister (my words, not Grace's believe me!). Anyway, the point is....who in the world would not love a child that leaves a note like that for you...especially with the 'Best Friends' thing with the heart around it??? BOOO HOOO!!! All is right with the world when you get a note like that from a child. That note is definitely gonna be a 'keeper.' What a doll!

2 comments:

Deedra said...

First of all, thanks for going along with the game! I LOVE the purse! And I'm with ya on the Tide to go pens! They work like a dream! Even on nasty baby spit up...The note is adorable. You just HAVE to call her after that one! My neice who is 7 calls me after every ballgame that I don't attend to tell me whether they win or loose and how she did that day...I LOVE it! (even though sometimes I feel like crap for not going after those calls!)

Jill said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I love "meeting" new people this way and will check in on your blog daily. What a sweet note from your niece. I agree it's a keeper!