Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Friday, April 27, 2007

He's an 'On Time God'

This has been 'one of those weeks' for me. I've been up, down, sad, emotional, glad, grateful and humbled. I can't really think of a basic emotion that I haven't experienced. With that being said, I am GLAD it's Friday and time for the weekend. I'm ready for a couple of days to just 'be.'

In thinking about this week on the way home today, I realized that, in the midst of my less than happy state of mind, I have gotten notes and e-mails from friends which I have needed. They have been words of encouragement, "I'm thinking of you," "I prayed for you today," even an e-mail titled "You are my friend." The weird thing is that none of these people have known how much I needed those words...and the kicker is that the friend who sent the "You are my friend" e-mail lives in Florida and I hadn't heard from her in probably 6 - 8 months! WOW!

My lesson in all this, or at least part of the lesson, is that God supplies what I need just when I need it. By nature, I don't share all the details of my life with just anyone. I watch and take things in much more than I let things out, but God meets my needs whether I verbalize them to anyone or not, and that is a very humbling thing. It's been a while since I've felt like I have this week, but maybe part of it is has been to remind me that God is in control and that He's alive and active not only in my life, but in the lives of so many of my friends...and THAT is a heartwarming feeling!

"He's an on time God,
Yes He is,
He's an on time God,
Yes He is.
He may not come when you want Him,
but He'll be there right on time.
He's an on time God,
Yes He is."

6 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Ain't it the truth! I have to remind myself often. Things can't happen when we want them to. Things will happen in God's time, which is ALWAYS the best time.

Sorry you've had a rough time. Just remember you have friends and we all care.

Hugs!

Jess said...

So true. I'm glad you received the gentle reminders you'd been needing. I had been wondering about you since you hadn't written much lately and hadn't mentioned hitting the road out of town post-tax season :) ,so you have been on my prayer list as well. Glad you are doing better now and I'm looking forward to more posts from you! :)

Deedra said...

I am so sorry you are having a rough week! I have been thinking of you. I'm glad you got the notes from your friends just when you needed them! I hope you get to kick back and relax this weekend. I have come to think of you as a friend, even if it is online! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

Deedra

Tristi Pinkston said...

Thank you for this blog. It's so true -- God is always there right when we need Him. I'm constantly amazed how often I get frustrated, thinking that something should have happened before now, only to later realize that it all worked out perfectly because of Him.

Jean said...

So true, but hard to remember when we can't see how things are going to turn out. I do hope your weekend will be one in which you can just "be" as you said. I too care very much and appreciate your friendship tremendously.

Connecticut Yankee said...

I am very glad that you happened upon "A Closer Walk." I am also pleased that you have linked your blog to it. Please feel free to forward it to others.

I now have your blog address and will be visiting it regularly. God is Good!

Peace and Blessings,

Connecticut Yankee