Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Separated at birth??

Well, not quite...but I thought that Sophie (MusicalJean's granddaughter) and Grace looked alike too! I didn't want to assume everyone else would think the same, BUT in response to Tracey and Jean's comments to my last post, I had to post these pictures. It is amazing....they could definitely be sisters! The ones of Grace were taken in late 2002, so she would have been almost 3 years old. Tomorrow is her birthday and she will be 8. (We are having a bowling party with several of her friends...Fun huh?) I can hardly believe how quickly time flies. I've often told my sister that I never realized how quickly time passed until she had kids...and I mean it every time I say it! I added the ones of Kate because I love them both and, being the doting aunt that I am, didn't want to leave her out. They were all taken around the same time....between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2002. (By the way, the first one of Grace is her showing off lipstick that she had applied herself! HAHAHAHAHA!!)





















Amazing, isn't it?

9 comments:

Deedra said...

WoW! They could definatly be sisters! What beautiful girls! All 3 of them! I know that you have a blast with your nieces. I have a niece who has just turned 7 and she has a mean streak a mile wide! And I love it, you never know what she is gonna say or do. When she comes to my house, she loves to put makeup on me, or do my hair(an experience for sure!) If you have never tasted eyeshadow, you are missing out! She puts every color I own on at once and I come out looking just plain freaky. I once asked her how I looked when she was done and she said,...well,..not too good. You aren't taking me anywhere today are you?..lol.. brutal honesty!

P.s. Thanks for your comments on my blog! Those are the sweetest comments I have ever read, and I really appreciate it! It's nice to know someone shares my sense of humor!!

Jean said...

Thanks for sharing the picture of my precious Sophie with more of the blogging world!! Isn't that something how they do resemble each other? I too thought of it as soon as I saw the picture of Grace, but assumed I was the only one who was thinking it! I guess if they're nearly six years apart, they weren't separated at birth!!

Jean said...

By the way - Sophie's middle name is Grace!!

Dianne said...

Grace decorates me with makeup too...and LOADS of lip gloss! Then I have to tell her how pretty I think it looks! :-) Kate used to do the same thing...she always wanted to make me up like 'Sporty Spice'...hair and all. NO idea how she knew about the Spice Girls! She made me up one night and I needed to stop by the store on the way home, but needless to say...UH-UH! That errand was saved for the next day--I can say that I've never TASTED eye shadow though!

My motto...make the most those fun, FUN times because once they are gone, they are just gone. I've had some wonderful fun times with them. And Grace will say and do anything too. I can't count the times I've just had to lay my head back and laugh from my gut! What a stinker!

Dianne said...

Jean, you know what's really weird? My sister almost named Kate Sophie...or Sophia! Isn't that funny?

Tracey said...

WOW!!! They REALLY do look alike! Uncanny resemblance!

I bet they would be a terrible twosome if put together!!! They both have that mischeivious twinkle!

Tracey said...

oops! *mischievious*

"i" before "e" except after "c"

Justabeachkat said...

Amazing. They say we all have a double (scary in my case) and Grace and Sophie sure look alike. Cute, cute, cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures - they do look alike!

Shelby used to like to put my hair up in little pony-tails. Now, remember, my hair is short, so these pony-tails were like little tufts standing up all over my head. Once I had forgotten she had done my hair and I took her to the store looking like that. Got some strange looks!