Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Do we believe in miracles today?

I was thrilled to find the video below on youtube tonight because I have been listening to this CD in my car for about a week. I heard this group, The Booth Brothers, as a Gaither event I went to last October. I had never heard of them before, but they were great and I bought their CD. After I got it home, I started listening to it and decided I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, so I put it up and haven't thought about it again until a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know why, but I truly think God is the reason this song came to mind again. It has pushed me this week to read more about Jesus' miracles and to really think about what it must have been like to be there and witness them firsthand. How wonderful would it be to see someone who had spent their entire lifetime crippled finally being able to walk, or a man born blind finally able to see? How would it have been to SEE that Jesus had restored a withered hand, healed a deaf mute, restored a servant's ear or indeed even raised Lazarus from the dead? I have spent this week studying and pondering those and other miracles and wondering what we, as a society and as a world, would do if we saw miracles like that today. I can't even imagine how transformed we would be! I know of definite instances that I have seen in the lives of others that I believe to be miracles because I believe God is able to heal and sustain life, but to actually SEE an ear or withered hand restored...I can't even imagine how awestruck I would be! I do know one thing though, this is the kind of expectancy with which I want to approach my life, my prayers and my God.

Listen to this song...it's the main reason I bought the CD, and if you want to read more about the miracles of Jesus, follow the link:
http://www.bcbsr.com/survey/jmrcls.html


3 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I do believe it miracles! God has worked some in my life.

(by the way, I just noticed tonight that you have terriblespeller listed as one you visit...that's my daughter-in-law...love, love, love her!)

Anonymous said...

Love it
Love it...knew I would if you did

Jean said...

Great song. I've often heard people from other countries say that we in America do not experience as many miracles because we are not desperate enough, we don't need God as much because we have so much else to depend upon. I think there's truth to that, but it scares me to think of being that needy. And yet, I too would love to see a truly startling miracle.