Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Got Nexflix?


I am hands-down the world's absolute worst about falling asleep during movies. I can love the storyline, but then, even at the theatre sometimes, I get so relaxed and next thing I know....'ZZZZzzzzzzzz'....waking up to find I have no idea what is going on! One of my best friends joined Nexflix months ago and has just raved about the service, the movie selection, the ease of trading movies, the length of time you can keep them without penalty, etc. I have thought about joining myself, but never did because I never thought I'd be able to stay awake enough to get my money's worth out of it. I was talking to a co-worker a couple of weeks ago who is also a member and she raved about it as well, so I decided to give it a try. Granted I am still in my two week trial period, but I've already watched two movies this month and sadly enough, that is a record for me! I got my second movie in the mail today and since I didn't have anything pressing to do tonight, I went ahead and watched it. I'll put it in the mail tomorrow and should have my third movie by the end of the week...just in time for the weekend. Since I am one that feels there is very little worth watching on TV these days...I mostly only watch news shows like Dateline, Primetime, Nancy Grace, etc, and my one vice, Days of Our Lives...this is a great option to me right now. I can't believe it took me so long to join the ranks.

So far, I've watched "Friends with Money" with Jennifer Aniston (LOVE her but didn't care for the movie) and "Click" with Adam Sandler (great message about life passing so quickly). Next up, I have "The Devil Wears Prada." Hopefully it will be good. If you aren't a member of Netflix, you should try it, if only for the two week trial period....you can't go wrong with that.

I am curious about favorite movies out there and if there are any you would recommend. Please share!

6 comments:

Jean said...

Did you ever watch "Guess Who?" Our family finds it hysterically funny because my son Anthony married a black girl - Jamaican, actually. It is really, really funny with a very touching ending.

Dianne said...

I haven't seen that one, but I'll add it to my queue...thanks! (Isnt' that a funny looking word..queue??) I'll let you know when I watch it!

Tracey said...

I agree, Click is a great movie. I saw it when it first came out and boo-hooed like a baby. Don't want to watch it again any time soon, though!

Let me just say, DO NOT rent The Lake House. I love both Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock, but what a stupid movie.

Sweet Home Alabama is one of my all-time favorites. I'll have to think of some more...

Tonja said...

One of our all time favorite movies is A Simple Twist of Fate with Steve Martin. It's a wonderful, heart warming story. I also love the movie Phenomenon with John Travolta, good, sweet. We watched a movie in the motel last week,Little Miss Sunshine. Now the language is atrocious...but if you can get past that...it is a laugh out loud movie. But, be warned....BAAAAAAD language. And we also watched The Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith....excellent!
By the way...did you see where Donny Osmond has a new show on ABC next week? I think it's ABC...check TV Guide...

Tracey said...

rented Man of the Year last night (Robin Williams)...stupid movie...don't waste your time!

Pursuit of Happyness---I agree with Tonja, great movie!

Jean said...

Actually, I just thought of another one. It's from 1994 - The War, featuring Kevin Costner as a Vietnam vet with post traumatic stress syndrome, and Elijah Wood as his son. It is EXTREMELY touching. Don't watch it without a box of tissues nearby.