Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Deja-vu and boo-hoo....

Any takers on guessing who had $300 withdrawn from their account without their consent again this month?? Admittedly I do not check my balances daily and after that fiasco last month, a new debit card, etc, I assumed there would be no more unapproved debits. WELL.....last Thursday, $300 again, to the same company as before. I just discovered it today when I checked online to see if my deposit was showing yet. Needless to say, after realizing that, I piled myself right into my car and went to get that straightened out. We, the banker and I, decided they must have my account number and that the best option would be to close that account and open a new one, etc. I guess my mystery debiter will get the surprise next month when that debit isn't approved! I do wish I could see that.

Second on the front of big news, and really bigger news than above, it looks like my sweet nieces will be moving to Florida, or somewhere thereabouts, in a year or year and a half if things play out like my sister wants them to. I, of course, am SO SAD about the thought of those sweet girls moving 5-6 hours away, but it isn't up to me and it's simply something I am going to have to accept and get used to. My true wish is that this isn't God's plan for them, but I need to start thinking like it is then if it doesn't happen.....YEA!!! I know the real answer is to be happy anyway, but just I'm not there yet. I'm still in the 'mulling it around in my mind' stage. Being single has had its advantages with them because I have been able to have so much quality time with them and pour so much into those relationships, but it will break my heart to see them leave, there's just no other way to put it. I keep telling myself that I need to be glad that everyone is healthy and it's only a few hours away, but they are the closest family I have, so in my mind, it's yucky no matter how you look at it.

I guess deja-vu and boo-hoo was a good title, huh? That's exactly how I feel....

5 comments:

Tonja said...

What a pain to have to deal with that debit stuff. I guess it a wonder that doesn't happen more often. Sounds like you are very close to your neices. I am also. Having 3 boys, I was always glad to get around a little female fun. My sister had the 2 girls and I love them dearly...One is close by now , but the other is still in grad school. I want them to always be close...so I understand.

Jean said...

I know how you feel too, only it's not my neices, it's my grandchildren. Our oldest daughter lives in Sweden, so her two children have always lived very far away. Our other daughter lives in Tampa, and she has a two-year-old daughter. I just hate it. Then I have the other extreme too, of having our foster son's little girl living with us. Why can't I just be normal and have grandchildren living nearby????

Anonymous said...

Dianne - they CAN'T move to Florida. I didn't know - let's pray a good job keeps them here in the State of Georgia! Beth

Tracey said...

Hey--been out of town and just catching back up on things...if they do decide to move...GO WITH THEM! Girl, pack it up and move! You are so talented you can surely get a new job easily and being close to the beach?! Hey, why not?! You've got to see those girls grow up...it's what's most important!

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed hearing about what's going on in your life. Keith and I howled with laughter when we read the Donny Osmond episode. I, too, looooooooooooooved Donny, so I wish I could have been there with you!

On another note, I can't believe your sister might be moving. Whatever will you do without your nieces?? I know how close you are to them. We'll just have to do some serious praying about this!
Take care and have a good week!
Susan Henderson