Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Court date # 2

So much for bragging about having such a great day on Sunday, I guess! I woke up that night very sick with a stomach virus. Oh my gosh...I do not know if I have ever felt that bad or been that sick. I didn't go to work until 10:15 on Monday, then left at 12:15 to come back home to get on my couch. I have only been out of work 2 days in the 22 years I have been at my job, so you know I was feeling bad! I could tell about 10:00 on Monday night that I was turning the corner and I am still on the upswing, but still not 100%. I have learned that I don't think I've ever had a stomach virus before because I KNOW I wouldn't have forgotten! :-) My sympathies to anyone that gets it, I can definitely tell you that!

The bigger news though is that I had the second court date yesterday about the guy that broke into my car back in August. I was glad to be getting this handled, so imagine how thrilled I was when I got to court and they told me there was a bench warrant out for this guy because he was supposed to show up on Monday and didn't! So I left to go back to work, still no resolve. They will subpoena me again once they have him. I do still agree with my post here when all this happened, but at this point, I am ready to have it done and over with. I guess I don't understand how people are not afraid of the law! My subpoena said something like I would be fined $300 if I didn't show up...that would be my penalty for being a no-show and I didn't even do anything...I was the victim...(and I do use that term loosely since there was no damage and no one was hurt)...but my point is that I didn't do anything and just the threat of a fine scares me and this guy actually DID something and doesn't show. It is just weird. When I think about that, I realize that a part of me does not understand society. I also think that, unfortunately, not much surprises me anymore. I guess there may have been a small part of me that was surprised at this news yesterday, but for the most part, I just took it in stride because there is really nothing that can be done until they have this guy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments: