Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The World vs. The Church

I don't really have anything to say, but I was told tonight that I needed to put something else on my blog. Our choir sang in church tonight and as we were going into the Worship Center, my friend Debra said, ".....and you need to put something else on your blog. I'm tired of reading about your computer!" We laughed, but there just hasn't been much worth posting about. With it being tax season, all I've been doing it working...getting W-2's and 1099's out and dealing with a January 31 deadline. Oh the world of taxes...always a deadline. January is my big push though, so now I just have long hours until April 17. I can deal with that. January was one of the smoothest I remember in a while, so for that I am thankful. There are usually numerous people calling once they get their W-2 to say they don't think they made that much money, etc, but I would have to say that I see their point sometimes because when I get my W-2, it never seems I've made that much money either because I certainly can't always see where it goes! The ever elusive dollar....where DOES it all go?

Anyway, knowing I didn't really have anything to say, I asked Debra what she thought I should write about and she said, "This." Church on Super Bowl Sunday Night. Hhhhmmm....that's a hard one! We always have church on Sunday night, but our Minister of Music told us at rehearsal on Wednesday that he scheduled the choir to sing tonight because it IS Super Bowl Sunday. He went on to say that he gets tired of the world dictating what the church is going to do and I have to say that I agree. We had great attendance as well as a full choir and orchestra. We sang three songs, one of our ensembles sang, then we had the sermon. I guess we got through by about 7:25 or so and I'm sure that everyone that wanted to watch the Super Bowl still got home in plenty of time to see the action. Personally, I have no idea who is even playing and it doesn't bother me in the least. I have nothing against the Super Bowl, I just agree that the world dictates what we are going to do at times and that's not good. I'm thankful to be part of a church that takes a stand!

Lastly, as a follow up to the prior post about my computer issues, my laptop came this past week and I love it so far. I am posting this propped up on my bed at home with my cat sound alseep beside me. She is just like a child and knows when things take my attention away, so a little while ago, she thought she was going to jump up here and walk on the keyboard and eventually lay down on it, I'm sure, like she does on paper or anything else when I'm at the table, but I put a screeching halt to that! The laptop is cool though and I can tell this is one toy I am going to enjoy having....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW................I did not know i had that much power..you went home last night after church and got right on your assignment...personally I think it was a great excuse for you to "play"with your new toy...Nevertheless..I loved hearing your perspective on last evening and i say a hearty AMEN right back...By the way..the colts won...they are the ones with this U on thier helmets....
LOL
love ya ...
mean it
debra

Tracey said...

glad to see a new post! Was getting tired of seeing the same thing every time I clicked. You know, I check it one or two times a night, 7 days a week, it takes approximately 4.2 seconds each time I check it. Just think how much time is wasted when I click and there's nothing NEW to read!!!

I won't "weigh in"...I was home, not watching the Super Bowl, but not at church...

Anonymous said...

see Di...
your Alabama buddy was sick of the computer "thang" too ...
glad to hear we are on the same page realestategirl...
p.s. i like your blog too...gorgeous house for sale by the way...ya know the barbie one...LOL
debra