Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The 'sisterhood'...for real!


How lucky can a girl be? I met my friends Joan, Christy and Gwen for dinner last night…a little thing we’ve decided to do once a month or so just because it’s fun. They each gave me a birthday card when I got there and said this dinner was my birthday celebration, but they didn’t want to tell me beforehand. I was touched. They even used a gift card that Gwen and Christy had gotten as a thank you from someone and paid for all of our dinners! When we got through with dinner though, our waitress showed up with a box from Publix. Initially, I just looked at it and didn’t know what was going on, but then it hit me...”WOW….that’s a birthday cake!” I just have the coolest friends in the world! I wish I’d had my camera. I have known Joan for years, but Christy and Gwen are her sisters and they have become friends to me as well. They’ve let me give myself the title of ‘honorary sister’ and they make me feel like nothing less. God is good and I am thankful…I love being part of the ‘sisterhood’! :-)

Thanks girls....I had a blast last night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Joanie.How sweet she is.So glad you had a great night..

Anonymous said...

I could not post from work and by the time I got home each evening I was just pooped. We did have a great time. We laughed and laughed. Christy has a way of getting everyone involved in "our" celebrations, i.e. the waitress, other patrons. You just fit in so perfectly with us. But, that might not be a good thing. You know our secrets so judge for yourself! Our next soiree, in two weeks at my house! Can't wait. I thank God for a friendship like ours. luv ya to pieces Sweetie. Joan