Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, February 11, 2007

MANY THANKS.


I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have extended birthday greetings to me in one way or another these past several days. I have been overwhelmed and feel like I have had almost a full week to celebrate! The older I get, the more I realize how quickly time passes, but it only serves to drive home the realities of what is most important in life, with good friends being at the top of that list. I am more than blessed in that area and I am grateful to each of you for what you add to my life. I still have one or two more birthday events to celebrate, so by the time those are over, it will have been a little more than a week that I've been partying, but it is fun and I love it!

The picture above is of the candle that was on the cake at my Dad's tonight. I went over there for dinner with my Dad, his wife, my sister, nieces and brother-in-law, and as a surprise, my stepmom had also invited my favorite aunt and uncle. This aunt and uncle got married on my 5th birthday, so they were married 40 years today.....lots to celebrate for them too, but I was thrilled that they chose to join us at my Dad's. It was a fun night and even though I did manage to squeeze my Sunday afternoon nap in before I went to my Dad's, I am still tired! :-)

With that, I'm off to settle in for the night, but I didn't want today to get by without a word of thanks for all the fun and every kindness that has been extended in recent days....whether by card, call, e-mail, food and fellowship or whatever....my heart is full of thanks. Most of all though, I am grateful for the constancy and friendships that help get me through EVERY day. You can rest assured that you are loved and appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So would that make you "45"? Just teasing. I am glad that you have had such a good week. You are a wonderful person and very loved by so many. The older we get the more friendships mean to us. I value your friendship greatly. Luv ya Sweetie!!!!