Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, February 17, 2007

'The Last Hurrah!'



Gorgeous, aren't they? These are among the last of the birthday remembrances I've gotten this week. They came at the end of the day yesterday from a dear friend in North GA who my family moved next door to in Morrow when I was only 9 or 10 years old. Debbie and Jack were just getting married and she was only 10 years older than me. I was the first babysitter their children had and Debbie and I struck up a wonderful friendship that has grown through so many phases of our lives....mine from childhood to adultood, hers from newlywed to grandmother! WOW! It would be impossible to recount the ways she has influenced my life spiritually, morally, and maybe even more than I realize, emotionally, but I can sit here and honestly say that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God Himself brought her into my life for specific reasons, especially at that young age, whether I knew it at the time or not. You can see a lot of things looking back over your life that you couldn't see or didn't realize at the time...those purposes where she is concerned are now crystal clear! Anyway, the flowers are just so bright and gorgeous that I had to share....they are a definite change from the cold windy weather right now!

I had the last of my birthday celebrations tonight. A movie and dinner with friends....the movie, 'Music and Lyrics' with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant. A cute movie and especially for people like me who were fanatics about certain groups and musicians in the 70's and 80's. Definite memories! haha. I couldn't help but to giggle. It was a cute movie and definitely recommended if you like Drew and Hugh.

Anyway, this will be the last 'birthday' post, so thanks again for a fantastic week. I have been blessed, humbled and encouraged at so many turns in the road and you can rest assured that not one of the kindnesses extended has been overlooked or unappreciated. Without a doubt, I have the best friends in the world!

No comments: