Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Who would have guessed??


About a week ago, I was totally blown away to have Jill at Who Could Ask For Anything More leave a comment on one of my posts to say that she had nominated me for an award and that I needed to go to her blog to pick it up. Of course, my curiosity was piqued, so I padded right over there to find out what it was. Imagine my surprise to find that it was this award. WOW....I just stared at my computer and shook my head, because if there is anything I feel I am NOT, it is what this award entails. I am grateful and humbled though Jill, so thanks for thinking of me!

I came across Jill's blog a few months ago as I was hitting the 'random' choice on the Christian Women Online Blog Roll. I was first drawn in by her adorably cute blog design, but it took only one post that I really identified with to know that this was one that I needed to add to my own blogroll. I have enjoyed my visits to her blog immensely. To you Jill, I appreciate the time and effort you put into making your posts both thought provoking and fun. I know that is a real feat at times because I know I have trouble with what to say sometimes, but you do a great job and I am thankful for your openness and all you put into it.

Now, about this award, it was started by a teenage girl named Jocelyn and you can go here to read more about her. Below is the background behind this award in Jocelyn's own words:

As for my award, it is called The Blogger Reflection Award. Why? The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who, when you reflect on them, you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them. This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone. If you're going to do the award don't just write a few words and slap it on your blog. Write real thoughts about these bloggers and what they've been to you, and if the bloggers you pick have already been given the award, don't be afraid to give to them again. They deserve it as many times as it's given.

So here goes.....I nominate the following people, for the way they inspire me:

Jess at Bittersweet: Another random find, besides Jill, that I just love. She finds great lessons in the ordinary things and right now has a great post about the change dishes you find beside registers in stores. I'll never see one of those again without thinking of her post on this....WOW!

Kat at Justabeachkat: Found through a link on another friend's blog, she has a great life and posts sweet things about her family, friends and God's blessings. Always lots of fun and interesting things here.

Jean at MusicalJean: Also found through a link on another friend's blog, she has a heart of gold and has shared it with with numerous foster children and seemingly, anyone else who crosses her path that just needs to know someone cares. It's been heartwarming and astonishing to see how God used her in the lives of so many people and how He has used them in her life as well.

Tonja at Gatherings: EEK! Dare I say, another link from a friend. Tonja has a huge zest for life, fun, and all that is good. Life has dealt her several things that would be too much for so many of us, but she has turned them all into blessings and no doubt encourages everyone she comes into contact with.

And last but not least,

Tracey at Show Me State...of Mind. She's the friend who three of the links above came from and the friend that started me on this blogging journey to begin with. We've been friends for more years than I can remember now, but it was an instant connection whenever it was, so it seems like I've known her forever. Her blog gives a great glimpse into her life and on many counts, her humor is not to be missed.

So there you are, my nominations. If you not one of these girls, give them a visit....if you ARE one of these girls, pass it on, sisters! :-)

8 comments:

Tonja said...

Thank you, Dianne. I am humbled...And,oh!, don't I feel special! I appreciate so much your kind words and the thought you put behind this award. You are a dear!

Blessings,
Tonja

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Dianne! How sweet! What a surprise! Thank you, thank you. I appreciate so much your friendship.

But darn, now I must pick 5 and you've chosen some of those I would have chosen too since we read the same ones. Good choices. Aren't we lucky to be surrounded by the sweetest bloggers? You know I'm crazy about Tonja, Jean, and Tracey. I'll check out Jess too. If you enjoy her blog, I know I will too, so thanks for letting me know about her.

Call when you get some time.

Hugs!
Kat

Jill said...

Dianne- You are very deserving...and thank you for your kinds words. I'm so glad we found each other.

Tracey said...

Dianne, you are so deserving of this award and I am honored that you included me!

You know, sometimes when I'm going through tough times, I think to myself..."I wish I could just sit down with Dianne (face to face) and pour my heart out." I know we can always pick up the phone (something I fail to do often enough) but I miss those times together more than you'll ever know.

That is one of the main things I enjoy about blogging is that I can feel closer by checking in on you each day!

Thank you for including me and I will post about it soon. (But I agree with Kat--you chose some of my favorites from our bloggy circle of friends!!!)

Love ya!

Jean said...

Hey, guys, didn't you read that it doesn't matter if your favorites have already been picked - you can pick them again. So let's just all pick each other. Hee, hee!!

By the way, thanks a bunch, Dianne, for honoring me in this way. I'll just honor you right back, so there!!

Deedra said...

I can't think of a blogger more deserving of this award than you, Dianne. Congratulations! I have checked out some of your picks,..but I'll have to check out the rest!

Lyndy said...

Congratulations! I felt the same way when I was honored with this award. Blessed and amazed.

Justabeachkat said...

Dianne

I received my package today. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hugs!
Kat