Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Psalm 1

I have no idea why this Psalm has been on my mind and come across my path so much lately, but it has. It was on my mind about two weeks ago, then again yesterday as I was puttering around the house. I remembered that Kim Hill sang it when I was at AtlantaFest back in the late 80's-early 90's (did I admit that??? It seems like an eternity ago!), so I looked to see if it was on YouTube in case I had any huge realizations that I needed to post about. Imagine my surprise to hear our pastor refer to it this morning in his sermon....

His sermon was titled, "The Power of God's Word," and the part that he used referencing this is that the Word of God is like WATER......cleansing, refreshing, life-giving, and encouraging.



To be honest, I've been in a bit of a funk recently for some reason, but now that I'm putting two and two together, I'm guessing this Psalm, song and message is my clue to get busy studying and trusting God bit more, because after all, Psalm 62:1 is true as well: "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him."

It's pretty cool that I already had the answer I need, even if I didn't realize it.

4 comments:

Jean said...

I just love it when God does stuff like that. Psalm 1 is an absolute favorite passage of mine from way back.

I played your choir CD for my sister in the car this evening. She loved it too.

Tracey said...

I love the Psalms! They are full of so much wisdom and I love David's heart. So many of the Psalms are my favorite and I have them posted on the bulletin board right above my desk for constant reminders!

Justabeachkat said...

Dianne
Great post! I love the video and song.

Hugs!
Kat

Jess said...

Once again... we seem to be on the 'same page'. I've been in quite a funk myself lately. But, good to know I'm in good company! Thanks for sharing Psalm 1. I needed that!