Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Kate and her dad.


This may not be the height of interest to anyone but me, but the picture above is of Kate and her dad this past weekend when they were in St Mary's. It looks like they will not be moving totally to Florida after all, just to the last place they can get before the state line. In my mind, every little bit of space closer to 'home' is fine with me. They were out of town last week at my mom's condo on vacation, but made a couple of trips back up to St Mary's to look around and see if that's where they want to settle. They've talked about St Mary's and Brunswick, but for now, St Mary's is what seems to be on their mind. I have to admit, from the pictures, it looks like a nice little town.

I know I have said over and over that I am not moving, and I still have no intention of it at this point, but here's something weird: For those of you who read Tonja's blog, Gatherings, she had a post back on July 13 titled, 'Name Your Spot.' This was a quiz to find out where you would be most suited to live in the United States. I took that quiz and two of the places on the list of about 20 that it gave me were Brunswick and St Mary's! I thought that was really weird. I told my sister about it and she wanted the link, so I asked her last night if she had taken this quiz....she said that she had but neither of these places were on her list. Isn't that just weird that of everywhere in the US, for me, it has to pick two places they are thinking about? The others were mostly in Tennessee and Kentucky, but I just thought that was weird. In hopes that Tonja won't mind me sharing this on my blog as well, you can go here to take the quiz yourself. It's pretty interesting.

Anyway, mostly I wanted to post a picture of Kate. I've posted so many pictures of Grace over time and this picture was so good of my sweet Kate that I thought she deserved fair time too. :-)

6 comments:

Jess said...

That IS too cool! What are the odds?? :) I love stuff like that. I just took the quiz and I guess I'll be heading up to Anchorage, AK! No more summer heat for me!! :)

Jean said...

Yep, that's wierd alright!! I'll have to check out where those places are.

Kate's so beautiful. She certainly does deserve her turn!

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...what a great photo! Kate is absolutely gorgeous! How old is she? Her Dad better hold on to her for sure.

I remember when Tonja had that on her blog. That's pretty weird. Maybe you should consider moving too...not that I would want you to move so you would be closer this way (me whistling and rolling my eyes and winking).

Hugs!
Kat

Jill said...

That is very coincidental. What a sweet photo. I think I've missed something... I assume your sister/family are moving?

Tracey said...

great picture! She is so grown up!

Tonja said...

Hi Dianne, Remember me telling you that one of MY spots is where I currently live? How weird is that? Glad you shared this on your blog, too. I thought it was a neat exercise to do.

What a beautiful young lady!

Tonja