Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Catchin' up

Nothing new to post, but I just thought I'd check in...

My week has been fine and yesterday was a nice holiday. I went to my friend Gina's and had late lunch/early dinner there. Not the traditional cookout stuff, but salmon and talapia! YUM! I took a black-eyed pea salsa recipe that we all love (and it's easy as all get-out to make....just my kind of recipe!). Speaking of....I went to Target yesterday morning to get the things to make that and for about $10 of stuff....and left....$62 later! I hate when that happens, but unfortunately after I got home and looked it all over, there was nothing that I wanted to return! I obviously need a list and I need to stick to it! I did not have that much money to just blow, but I guess I did it anyway. It certainly goes out much quicker than it comes in!

Saturday morning, my sister, nieces and I are having breakfast with my step-mom (who we LOVE!) to work on plans for a surprise party for my Dad in a couple of months. He turns 70 on August 27. It's so hard to believe he's going to be 70! WOW. He still works circles around people half his age and works sun-up to sun-down and beyond most days. He has a tree farm that is about 87 acres (my sister works for him and they both have houses on that land) and until recently, was partners in a landscaping company for about 20 years. He amazes me. He could definitely work circles around me as well! UGH! He was raised on a farm working like that and it is obviously still in his blood. Anyway, I'm sort of excited about this party thing and I'm sure I'll be even more excited after we talk about it on Saturday. I just hope we'll be able to pull it off and have it be a true surprise. We'll see.

Anyway, like I said, not much happening this week, but it's sort of nice. Sometimes there is too much going on, but this week has been a good balance. I've decided I really could get used to working two days, being off one, working two days, being of two, etc. Wouldn't that be the life?

7 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Girl! I've been there and done that. Target can get me in trouble in no time flat! LOL! I can always find some cute stuff there.

Black-eyed pea salsa...now that sounds yummy. Can I have the recipe please?

Glad your 4th was fun.

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

Boy, could I relate as well to that Target shopping trip. I've had too many of those lately and I need to cool it for the rest of the summer now.

Unknown said...

The fact that the nearest Target is a 45 min drive from my house is heartbreaking to me, but wonderful for my wallet!

Thanks for stopping by my blog to visit, I've enjoyed my first(but not last)visit to your blog!

Deedra said...

Your dad sounds like my husband, and his dad, and grandmother...they work so hard! It completely blows my mind how they just keep going and going and going!

I hope you guys have a great time planning the surprise for your Dad! We just had a surprise party for my Grandmother, who always manages to find out about everything...but she was completely surprised! We had such a good time!!

Deedra

Lyndy said...

"It certainly goes out much quicker than it comes in!" Amen sister it is that way for me too.

I am so glad your dad is still active. My mom turned 70 last August and even though she is in bad health (chronic pain) it is still hard to believe she is 70.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Tonja said...

When I drive into the parking lot at Target (or Wal-Mart) things inside just get ready to see what can jump into my cart first. It matters not if I was even looking at the item...it's already there. I think it's some kind of conspiracy...maybe they have targeted you, too. And, yeah...I never want to send any of it back, either....BEWARE!

Oh, my! I just remembered I need to go to WM this morning!

Blessings,
Tonja

Jill said...

Ditto for me on Target. I used to grocery shop at the Super Target near me but I'd come home with clothing, etc. etc. that wasn't on my grocery list and it got to be too much of a temptation.