Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Two sweet girls


Some of you have either met or seen my nieces before, but my sister took pictures before they left for school on Thursday morning and e-mailed them to me, so I thought I'd share one of them since so many of you have posted pictures of your children......I feel like these are mine! I certainly would take both of these girls to raise in a heartbeat. They are as different as night and day in so many ways, much like my sister and I, and indeed we have even joked about my sister raising 'us' on occasion....funny how that works! They have been nothing but a blessing since the day they were born and I am so appreciative to my sister for allowing me to have such an active role in their lives. I am definitely one grateful sister and one lucky aunt!

5 comments:

Tracey said...

I cannot believe how Kate has grown! I remember taking pictures of her when she was a wee little thing! And Grace, she is YOU made over! Those mischievious brown eyes! They are both beautiful!

Allycat said...

Sweet girls. Hope their school year is great.

Julie said...

These girls are so lucky to have you for an aunt.
I am lucky to have you as a friend.

( :

Anonymous said...

These girls are SO lucky to have you as an aunt. You are every child's dream! Share pictures of them as often as you can. I can't believe how big Kate has gotten either! Beth

Cantini #3 said...

Too cute!