Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A matter of perspective

Just something I found and thought I'd share. Unfortunately, I have probably been guilty of praying this way myself at times.....
As my five year old son and I were headed to McDonald's one day, we passed a car accident. Usually when we see something terrible like that, we say a prayer for those who might be hurt, so I pointed and said to my son, "We should pray."

From the back seat I heard his earnest request: "Please, God, don't let those cars block the entrance to McDonald's."

There is nothing like the honesty of a child's heart!

2 comments:

Cantini #3 said...

Sounds like what one of mine would say......very funny

Tracey said...

Very cute! I know that sometimes my prayers are so self-serving. It's easy to get in a rut of only asking God for things that benefit us or what we want to go our way.