Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Life lessons...from kids and adults


I won't bother explaining why I came across these, just enjoy!

10. I've learned that first graders are the only ones who think it's cute when their teeth fall out. -- Age 25

9. I've learned that when you're at a family picnic, you shouldn't say you don't like what you're eating because the person sitting next to you might have prepared it. -- Age 18

8. I've learned that every time I tell my mom that I'm bored, she tells me to go clean my room. -- Age 13

7. I've learned that 'yuck' is not the best response when your mom tells you what's for dinner. -- Age 12

6. I've learned that when your grandma says your feet smell a little, they really stink. -- Age 12

5. I've learned that I shouldn't call my identical sister ugly. -- Age 12

4. I've learned that you should never tell your little brother that you're not going to do what your mom told you to do. -- Age 12

3. I've learned that when you are really stressed out, the cure is to put two miniature marshallows up your nose and try to 'snort' them out. -- Age 11

2. I've learned that if you cut your meatloaf into pieces, your parents will think you ate some of it. -- Age 11

And my personal favorite:

1. I've learned that when I eat fish sticks, they help me swim faster because they're fish. -- Age 7

Even with all this 'wisdom' though, perhaps the best truth is this:
I've learned that no matter how old or how experienced you are, you can always learn something from a child. -- Age 20

2 comments:

Tracey said...

These are cute! Plus, I love the Mary Englebreit cross-stich picture and little watering can.

Cantini #3 said...

Way too cute!