Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Friday, August 18, 2006

"At Day's End"


Is anybody happier because you passed his way?
Does anyone remember that you spoke to him today?
The day is almost over, and its toiling time is through;
Is there anyone to utter now a kindly word of you?

Can you say tonight in parting
with the day that's slipping fast,
That you helped a single brother
of the many that you passed?

Is a single heart rejoicing
over what you did or said;
Does the man whose hopes were fading
now with courage look ahead?

Did you waste the day or lose it?
Was it well or sorely spent?
Did you leave a trail of kindness
or a scar of discontent?

As you close your eyes in slumber
do you think that God will say,
"You have earned one more tomorrow
by the work you did today"?

-- John Hall

This has LONG been one of my favorite poems. I continue to be reminded that we don't always know what another person may be going through so my prayer is that we would all take the time to be this kind of blessing to someone each and every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!
this is Abby!! this whole "blog" thing kinda cracks me up! just the fact that its all adults who just share stories about their families and their lives. By the way... i do like you (refering to the comment you left on my moms blog about when i was a little kid) ( :

Abby

p.s. let's go to Arbys!!!!!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I read you blog often. You have a special gift. I know when I go to your blog and read about what you are going thru - I will get a powerful thought to ponder. You look at things in a diffent yet wonderful ways...you are awesome. Your walk with the Lord overflows into your life. I noticed. Thanks!