Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fun, friends and 40!!!

My friend faces 40 with dread

I try to tell her it's all in her head,

but she'll hear none of that,

she's ready for combat --

she's 39 and holding instead!


Tracey,

A joke of course, but in all seriousness, I am so grateful for your birthday because it is a chance to celebrate YOU. In thinking about what I would write this week (and believe me, I have racked my brain all week!), I’ve been trying to remember how we actually met, but for the life of me, I just can’t. It seems like I simply went to Jay’s Sunday school class one Sunday, we talked and that was it.....friends ever since.

I want you to know that I have honestly met few (and I do mean few) people in my life that I’ve had an instant connection with, but you happen to be one of them. No need to get to know each other....it was just ‘BOOM’......and you were there! Solid as they come. It was so much fun when you lived here but perhaps what touches my heart and means even more is that we’ve been able to maintain and even deepen our friendship since you’ve moved. I simply don’t know what to say. The older I get, the more I appreciate these things and more than you know, I appreciate you giving me a friendship that is still so solid. You remain just as important to me as ever and I am grateful.

I love you and hope you have an excellent day, Tracey......one that is filled with every blessing you deserve. I wish we could all be there to celebrate with you.....

You are loved and appreciated.

Welcome to your 40's....you'll have a blast....I promise! :-)

No comments: